Ballpoint Pen, Handcrafted in Black Enamel and Caramel Bamboo
This pen is smaller and great for small hands. Ink pen features a modern design with a convenient Cross style twist pen mechanism. This ballpoint ink pen was individually handcrafted through a long process and is one of a kind. This ink pen was individually handcrafted through a long process and is one of a kind. The Wood, Caramel Bamboo, has been turned, sanded and coated with 10 layers of finish and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable. Pen ships with instructions for use in a hard clear topped case for protection or gift giving.
Handcrafted Ballpoint Pens Black Enamel Plating
If you want a striking and elegant touch to your pen, then choose black enamel. Its low-luster, baked enamel coating makes it durable, while providing an understated elegance to any of our pen choices.
Handmade Ink Pens Caramel Bamboo
Bamboo is one of the most "green" and renewable plants on earth. Bamboo grows quickly and is ready to be harvested in months as opposed to many hardwood trees that can take 50 years or so to mature. Being a monocot in the grass family, bamboo does not have any sapwood/heartwood or growth rings. Texture is very uniform, and ranges from medium to fine depending on density. The caramel color is obtained by a process called carbonization, which involves heating the bamboo to cause a reaction with the natural sugars in the wood.
Handcrafted Ink Pens Features and Specs
- Pen Type – Ballpoint
- Pen Type Operation – Twist
- Fittings – Black Enamel
- Material – Wood – Caramel Bamboo
- Color – Tan with Caramel Grain
- Length – 5-1/8 inch
- Width (measured at point of finger contact) - .358 inch
- Weight – 0.7 oz
- Replacing Ink Cartridge – Pull off top halve of pen
- Pen Operation – Twist two halves to extend and retract
- Ink Color – Black Ballpoint
- Ink Cartridge Type – Cross Style
- Includes case shown in photo for display or gifting
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of my ink pens are handcrafted on a lathe in my shop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- All pens will ship within 24 - 48 hours
- Each ink pen is unique; no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art.
- All of our wood products are purchased through legally licensed providers that provide exotic woods from sustainable forest product areas.
Ink Pen Crafting Process
The twist ink pen is constructed first by hand selecting each piece and then cutting, drilling and turning the pen to its final shape on a lathe. The pen is then sanded 7 times with progressively finer grits (150, 220, 320, 400, 600, and 800) of sandpaper, to achieve a very smooth surface and a diameter tolerance of .001 - .002 in, for a smooth transition with the metal parts. Wood pens then have 10 coats of finish applied and the ink pen is sanded again 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits to a high shine or satin finish. Acrylic and Tru-Stone pens are sanded 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits for a high shine and then a polish is added.
Materials: caramel bamboo, black enamel, bamboo, wood, metal, black ink.