Fountain Pen, Handmade in Chrome with Blue Steel Acrylic
The Fountain Pen is a popular sized fountain pen with simple clean lines and a professional look. This classic style is a step up with a higher grade of finishes and a bit larger, medium sized pen. This fountain pen was individually handcrafted through a long process and is one of a kind. The Acrylic material Blue Steel, has been turned, sanded and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable. Handcrafted pen, ships in Premium Black Leatherette Pen Gift Box with instructions for use. These elegant gift boxes feature leatherette materials that are stitched along all exterior edges. This box has a rich soft touch covering and the interior is lined with a suede-like fabric.
Fountain Pens Chrome Plating
Chrome plating is extremely durable plating. Under normal use, this plating should hold up for many, many years. Chrome is durable, beautiful and the choice of many of our customers. It is a "go to" plating.
Handcrafted Fountain Pens Acrylic Finish
The Ink Pens color, Blue Steel, is a tough form of plastic for pens. No two pens are ever alike, as the acrylic is molded and the colors and patterns are mixed throughout. The acrylic material has been turned, sanded and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable.
Fountain Pens Features and Specs
- Ink Pen Type – Fountain Pen
- Pen Type Operation – Unscrew Cap
- Pen Operation – Unscrew cap and screw onto other end
- Fittings – Chrome
- Material – Acrylic – Blue Steel
- Color – Iridescent Blues and Pearl to Grey
- Length Capped – 5-3/8 in
- Length Uncapped – 5 in
- Length Posted – 7 in
- Width (measured at point of finger contact) - .328 in
- Replacing Ink Cartridge – Unscrew tip
- Weight – 1.5 oz
- Includes (6) ink cartridges, (2) each, Black, Blue and Red
- Ink Cartridge Type – Waterman Style
- Includes a refillable ink pump
- Includes case shown in photo for display or gifting
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of my ink pens are handcrafted on a lathe in my shop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- All pens will ship within 24 - 48 hours
- Each ink pen is unique; no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art.
- All of our wood products are purchased through legally licensed providers that provide exotic woods from sustainable forest product areas.
Ink Pen Crafting Process
The Fountain pen is constructed first by hand selecting each piece and then cutting, drilling and turning the pen to its final shape on a lathe. The pen is then sanded 7 times with progressively finer grits (150, 220, 320, 400, 600, and 800) of sandpaper, to achieve a very smooth surface and a diameter tolerance of .001 - .002 in, for a smooth transition with the metal parts. Wood pens then have 10 coats of finish applied and the ink pen is sanded again 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits to a high shine or satin finish. Acrylic and Tru-Stone pens are sanded 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits for a high shine and then a polish is added
Materials: acrylic, chrome, metal.