Gothic pen, Handmade Ballpoint Pen in Antique Copper and Ambrosia Maple
The design of this gorgeous pen is based on Venetian Gothic, a style originating in 14th century Venice. The cap features bands of small pointed lancet arches flanking larger, more teardrop shaped Moorish influenced arches. The pen tip also features the lancet arches while the pen top includes a qua-trefoil window design. The pen is constructed from heavy-duty components that provide a bit of heft and a substantial writing feel. Pen includes an upgraded, Schmidt Easy-Flow Parker style refill, for a smooth writing performance. This ballpoint ink pen was individually handcrafted through a long process and is one of a kind. The Ambrosia Maple has been turned, sanded and coated with 10 layers of finish and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable. Handcrafted Pen ships in Premium Black Leatherette Pen Gift Box with instructions for use. These elegant gift boxes feature leatherette materials that are stitched along all exterior edges. This box has a rich soft touch covering and the interior is lined with a suede-like fabric.
Handcrafted Venetian Gothic Ink Pens Antique Copper Plating
Antiqued copper plate is copper plating that has been darkened to provide "distressed" (oxidized) appearance. It gives the components an aged copper look, but without the verdigris.
Copper offers a unique beauty and warmth. Because copper is soft by nature, these pens feature this plating will often have a protective clear layer on top of the copper plating to increase resistance to wear. The authentic patina and natural darkening brings out the details of the finish and creates a unique feel with a charm all its own.
Venetian Ink Pens Ambrosia Maple
The ink pens Exhibition Grade Ambrosia Maple is Soft Maple with a cream colored background which is host to the ambrosia beetle. The beetle burrows into the tree and leaves a fungus in its path, which is what creates the discoloration in the wood and create a very unique pattern in each board. In most or all of the streaks there are tiny holes from where the beetle burrowed into the wood. Neither the fungus nor the holes disturb the integrity of the wood. During finishing any tiny holes are filled and the result is a stunning and unique, one of a kind pen.
Venetian Ink Pens Features and Specs
- Pen Type – Ballpoint
- Pen Type Operation – Twist
- Fittings – Antique Copper
- Material – Wood – EX Grade Ambrosia Maple
- Color – Creams and Browns
- Length – 5-3/4 inch
- Width (measured at point of finger contact) - .584 inch
- Weight – 2.8 oz
- Replacing Ink Cartridge – Unscrew Cap
- Pen Operation – Twist pen cap to extend and retract
- Ink Color – Black Ballpoint
- Ink Cartridge Type – Upgraded, Schmidt Easy-Flow Parker style refill
- Includes case shown in photo for display or gifting
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of my ink pens are handcrafted on a lathe in my shop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- All pens will ship within 24 - 48 hours
- Each ink pen is unique; no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art.
- All of our wood products are purchased through legally licensed providers that provide exotic woods from sustainable forest product areas.
Handmade Ink Pens Crafting Process
The Venetian Gothic ink pen is constructed first by hand selecting each piece and then cutting, drilling and turning the pen to its final shape on a lathe. The pen is then sanded 7 times with progressively finer grits (150, 220, 320, 400, 600, and 800) of sandpaper, to achieve a very smooth surface and a diameter tolerance of .001 - .002 in, for a smooth transition with the metal parts. Wood pens then have 10 coats of finish applied and the ink pen is sanded again 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits to a high shine or satin finish. Acrylic and Tru-Stone pens are sanded 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits for a high shine and then a polish is added.
Materials: Ambrosia Maple, antique copper, copper, wood, metal.