Patriotic Pen, Handmade Ballpoint Pen in Antique Brass and Camo Acrylic
This ink pen is ornate with many Patriotic symbols. The pen clip features a red, white and blue American flag and handsomely cast Bald Eagle emblem. The pen end features a laurel leaf, a symbol of victory and a popular motif in the Federal style of architecture. The pen top features an etched U.S.A and laurel leaf stamp. Also on the tip and end are Doric column influenced designs, which appear on many American government buildings and monuments. Finally, God Bless America is intricately etched into the pen band.
Excellent weight, balance and a smooth writing performance with a Parker style refill. Matched with the Acrylic Camo, makes this pen stunning. This Handcrafted pen has been meticulously turned, sanded to12000 grit, polished and assembled by hand. Handcrafted Pen ships in Premium Black Leatherette Pen Gift Box with instructions for use. These elegant gift boxes feature leatherette materials that are stitched along all exterior edges. This box has a rich soft touch covering and the interior is lined with a suede-like fabric.
Patriotic Ink Pens Antique Brass Plating
Antiqued brass components have a brass, copper or zinc base with a brass plating. The components are then darkened to give them a "distressed" (oxidized) appearance. The authentic patina and natural darkening brings out the details of the finish and creates a unique feel with a charm all its own.
Patriotic Ink Pens Acrylic Finish
The Ink Pens color, Camo, is a tough form of plastic for pens. The acrylic material has been turned, sanded and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable.
Handcrafted Ink Pen Features and Specs
- Ink Pen Type – Twist Ink Pen
- Pen Operation – Twist two Halves
- Fittings – Antique Brass
- Material – Acrylic – Camo
- Color – Camo Style Browns, Blacks and White
- Length – 5-3/8 in
- Width (measured at point of finger contact) - .440 in
- Replacing Ink Cartridge – Unscrew two halves
- Weight – 1.9 oz
- Ink Color – Black Ballpoint
- Ink Cartridge Type – Parker Style
- Includes case shown in photo for display or gifting
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of my ink pens are handcrafted on a lathe in my shop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- All pens will ship within 24 - 48 hours
- Each ink pen is unique; no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art.
- All of our wood products are purchased through legally licensed providers that provide exotic woods from sustainable forest product areas.
Handmade Ink Pens Crafting Process
The Patriotic ink pen is constructed first by hand selecting each piece and then cutting, drilling and turning the pen to its final shape on a lathe. The pen is then sanded 7 times with progressively finer grits (150, 220, 320, 400, 600, and 800) of sandpaper, to achieve a very smooth surface and a diameter tolerance of .001 - .002 in, for a smooth transition with the metal parts. Wood pens then have 10 coats of finish applied and the ink pen is sanded again 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits to a high shine or satin finish. Acrylic and Tru-Stone pens are sanded 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits for a high shine and then a polish is added.
Materials: antique brass, acrylic, brass, Camo Acrylic.