Skeleton Key Pen, Handmade Ballpoint Pen in Antique Brass with Copper and Gold Acrylic
This ink pen is ornate with a Skeleton Key theme. The pen clip features a large replica of a skeleton key that has been used for over 2000 years. The pen end features detail scrolling and the pen top includes a keyhole image. Excellent weight, balance and a smooth writing performance with a Parker style refill. Matched with the Acrylic, Copper and Gold, makes this pen stunning. This Handcrafted pen has been meticulously turned, sanded to 12000 grit, polished and assembled by hand. Pen ships with instructions for use in a hard clear topped case for protection or gift giving.
Skeleton Key Ink Pens Antique Brass Plating
Antiqued brass components have a brass, copper or zinc base with a brass plating. The components are then darkened to give them a "distressed" (oxidized) appearance. The authentic patina and natural darkening brings out the details of the finish and creates a unique feel with a charm all its own.
Skeleton Key Ink Pens Acrylic Finish
The Ink Pens color, Copper and Gold, is a tough form of plastic for pens. The acrylic material has been turned, sanded and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable.
Handcrafted Ink Pen Features and Specs
- Ink Pen Type – Twist Ink Pen
- Pen Operation – Twist the tip
- Fittings – Antique Brass
- Material – Acrylic – Copper and Gold
- Color – Shades of Copper and Gold with a lot of depth
- Length – 5-3/8 in
- Width (measured at point of finger contact) - .540 in
- Replacing Ink Cartridge – Unscrew tip
- Weight – 2.4 oz
- Ink Color – Black Ballpoint
- Ink Cartridge Type – Parker Style
- Includes case shown in photo for display or gifting
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of my ink pens are handcrafted on a lathe in my shop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- All pens will ship within 24 - 48 hours
- Each ink pen is unique; no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art.
- All of our wood products are purchased through legally licensed providers that provide exotic woods from sustainable forest product areas.
Handmade Ink Pens Crafting Process
The Skeleton Key ink pen is constructed first by hand selecting each piece and then cutting, drilling and turning the pen to its final shape on a lathe. The pen is then sanded 7 times with progressively finer grits (150, 220, 320, 400, 600, and 800) of sandpaper, to achieve a very smooth surface and a diameter tolerance of .001 - .002 in, for a smooth transition with the metal parts. Wood pens then have 10 coats of finish applied and the ink pen is sanded again 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits to a high shine or satin finish. Acrylic and Tru-Stone pens are sanded 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits for a high shine and then a polish is added.
Materials: Antique Brass, acrylic, Copper and Gold Acrylic.