Rollerball, Handcrafted Art Deco Style in Black Titanium and 22k Gold with Italian Resin
Pen Fittings are designed by accomplished pen designer David Broadwell, this pen comes to life with custom casted 3-D Art Deco design components and premium plating. All exposed accent rings, bands and caps include elegant custom casted 3 dimensional Art Deco designs. You will find the pen has an ideal weight and balance to it and also gives smooth writing with a Schmidt Parker style refill. The Rollerball was individually handcrafted through a long process and is one of a kind. The Italian Resin, Flecked Autumn, has been turned, sanded and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable. Includes pen case shown in photo for display or gifting
Handcrafted Rollerball Black Titanium and 22k Gold Plating
Black Titanium is versatile, lightweight and strong, this metal is as strong as steel but is 45% lighter in weight, and is similar to platinum in its resistance to tarnishing. Titanium's strength, durability, and lustrous beauty make it an ideal choice for pens that are subject to daily wear.
Titanium Oxide is the hardest metal available for pen coatings. Its only "down" side is that it has a dark smoky color rather than the bright brilliance of platinum and rhodium. With the appropriate pen style and body, this can give a very dramatic and rich appearance.
Few metals capture the heart like gold. A traditional choice for all types of pens, gold is the most easily worked of all metals because it is naturally very soft and malleable.
However, to create pen plating’s that are strong and durable, pure gold is alloyed with other metals such as copper and zinc, which strengthen it and gives it its color. Gold pen plating is consistently timeless and so elegant.
22kt gold fittings offer a bright pure gold plating that will give your pen a rich and luxurious look. Our 22kt gold uses a "premium rack plating" process and is covered with an epoxy coating for extreme durability. 22K pen finishes are a little more durable than 24K, since it is mixed with harder metals like copper or silver.
Handcrafted Rollerballs Italian Resin
This imported Italian acrylic was used by the famous British pen manufacturer Conway Stewart in their pens. The Resin has an intense depth and richness of color! They polish to an amazing shine. It is a quality material that you can see and feel!
To be clear, this is NEW material, manufactured at the Italian factory Conway Stewart used, to the exact "recipe" that was used for Conway Stewart. It has become available to us since Conway Stewart has gone out of business; the factory is free to sell the same material to us.
This is the same material that has been used on $500 dollar plus pens.
Rollerball Features and Specs
- All exposed accent rings, bands and caps include elegant custom casted 3 dimensional Art Nouveau designs.
- Includes spires and starbursts that characterize the Art Deco period.
- Pen clip features unique Art Deco design and a radiant Swarovski Crystal
- The cap is 3-D cast with intricate Art Deco detail
- The Pen Band is cast and gold plated with Art Deco detail
- Pen Type – Rollerball
- Pen Type Operation – Remove Cap
- Fittings – Black Titanium and 22k Gold
- Material – Italian Resin – Flecked Autumn
- Color – Dark Blues and Reds with an almost Luminous Lighter Blue
- Length Capped – 5 5/8 inch
- Length Uncapped – 5 1/4 inch
- Length Posted – 6 5/8 inch
- Width (measured at point of finger contact) - .3310 inch
- Weight – 2.0 oz
- Replacing Ink Cartridge – Unscrew Tip
- Pen Operation – Remove Cap
- Ink Color – Black Schmidt Ceramic Tip
- Ink Cartridge Type – Upgraded, Schmidt 5888 style refill
- Includes pen case shown in photo for display or gifting
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of my ink pens are handcrafted on a lathe in my shop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- All pens will ship within 24 - 48 hours
- Each ink pen is unique; no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art.
- All of our wood products are purchased through legally licensed providers that provide exotic woods from sustainable forest product areas.
Ink Pen Crafting Process
The Nouveau ink pen is constructed first by hand selecting each piece and then cutting, drilling and turning the pen to its final shape on a lathe. The pen is then sanded 7 times with progressively finer grits (150, 220, 320, 400, 600, and 800) of sandpaper, to achieve a very smooth surface and a diameter tolerance of .001 - .002 in, for a smooth transition with the metal parts. Wood pens then have 10 coats of finish applied and the ink pen is sanded again 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits to a high shine or satin finish. Acrylic and Tru-Stone pens are sanded 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits for a high shine and then a polish is added.
Materials: italian resin, 22k gold, black titanium, black ink.