Rollerball Pen, Handcrafted Industrial Style with Stainless Steel and Dark Matters Acrylic
This Rollerball Pen has been crafted from Solid Stainless Steel. The styling is back to basics for an everyday, very durable Rollerball Ink Pen. Features an Industrial design, with smooth threads machined into the solid metal. This Pen will give a smooth writing experience while also being a very durable and beautiful industrial style pen. This ink pen was individually handcrafted through a long process and is one of a kind. The Acrylic material, Dark Matters, has been turned, sanded and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable. Rollerball ships in Premium Black Leatherette Pen Gift Box with instructions for use. These elegant gift boxes feature leatherette materials that are stitched along all exterior edges. This box has a rich soft touch covering and the interior is lined with a suede-like fabric.
Rollerball Pens Stainless Steel Material
The pens metal body parts have been machined from a solid piece of Stainless Steel. The 303 Stainless Steel alloy demonstrates excellent toughness and corrosion resistance. This results in an unusual and very durable Ink Pen.
Rollerball Pens Acrylic
The Ink Pens color, Dark Matters, is a tough form of plastic for pens. No two pens are ever alike, as the acrylic is molded and the colors and patterns are mixed throughout. The acrylic material has been turned, sanded and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable.
Rollerball Pens Features and Specs
- Ink Pen Type – Rollerball
- Pen Operation – Unscrew cap then screw cap onto the other end of pen
- Fittings – 303 Stainless Steel
- Material – Acrylic – Dark Matters
- Color – Black and Grey with Iridescent Pearl
- Length Capped – 5-1/2 in
- Length Uncapped – 5-1/8 in
- Length Posted – 7 in
- Width (measured at point of finger contact) - .365 in
- Weight – 2.0 oz
- Replacing Ink Cartridge – Unscrew tip
- Ink Color – Black Rollerball
- Ink Cartridge Type – Upgraded, Schneider Topball 850, Standard Style Rollerball Refill
- Includes case shown in photo for display or gifting
NOTE; This style pen has no clip, suitable to carry in ones pants pocket or bag
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of my ink pens are handcrafted on a lathe in my shop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- All pens will ship within 24 - 48 hours
- Each ink pen is unique; no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art.
- All of our wood products are purchased through legally licensed providers that provide exotic woods from sustainable forest product areas.
Handcrafted Pens Crafting Process
The Rollerball ink pen is constructed first by hand selecting each piece and then cutting, drilling and turning the pen to its final shape on a lathe. The pen is then sanded 7 times with progressively finer grits (150, 220, 320, 400, 600, and 800) of sandpaper, to achieve a very smooth surface and a diameter tolerance of .001 - .002 in, for a smooth transition with the metal parts. Wood pens then have 10 coats of finish applied and the ink pen is sanded again 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits to a high shine or satin finish. Acrylic and Tru-Stone pens are sanded 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits for a high shine and then a polish is added.
Materials: stainless steel, metal, acrylic, black ink.