Rollerball, Handmade Patriotic Pen, in Antique Pewter and Patriotic Acrylic
The rollerball pen top features an etched U.SA and laurel leaf stamp. The pen end features a laurel leaf; a symbol of victory and a popular motif in the Federal style of architecture. Also on the tip and end are Doric column influenced designs, which appear on many American government buildings and monuments. Finally, God Bless America is intricately etched into the pen band. Matched with the Patriotic Acrylic, makes this pen stunning. This Handcrafted pen has been meticulously turned, sanded to12000 grit, polished and assembled by hand. Rollerball ships in Premium Black Leatherette Pen Gift Box with instructions for use. These elegant gift boxes feature leatherette materials that are stitched along all exterior edges. This box has a rich soft touch covering and the interior is lined with a suede-like fabric.
Patriotic Rollerball Pens Antique Pewter Plating
Antiqued pewter plated components have pewter-colored plating that has been darkened to provide a "distressed" (oxidized) appearance. This usually gives the pen an aged matte look. Antique Pewter finish is formulated to simulate the sophisticated sheen of time-worn pewter. The authentic patina and natural darkening brings out the details of the finish and creates a unique feel with a charm all its own.
Patriotic Rollerball Pens Acrylic Finish
The Ink Pens color, Patriot, is a tough form of plastic for pens. The acrylic material has been turned, sanded and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable.
Rollerball Pens Features and Specs
- Ink Pen Type – Rollerball Pen
- Pen Operation – Unscrew cap and screw onto other end
- Fittings – Antique Brass
- Material – Acrylic – Stars and Stripes
- Color – Blue with White and Red Lines with Iridescence
- Length Capped – 5-7/16 in
- Length Uncapped – 4-3/4 in
- Width (measured at point of finger contact) - .339 in
- Replacing Ink Cartridge – Unscrew tip
- Weight – 1.6 oz
- Ink Color – Black
- Ink Cartridge Type – Rollerball
- Includes case shown in photo for display or gifting
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of my ink pens are handcrafted on a lathe in my shop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- All pens will ship within 24 - 48 hours
- Each ink pen is unique; no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art.
- All of our wood products are purchased through legally licensed providers that provide exotic woods from sustainable forest product areas.
Handcrafted Ink Pens Crafting Process
The Patriotic Rollerball pen is constructed first by hand selecting each piece and then cutting, drilling and turning the pen to its final shape on a lathe. The pen is then sanded 7 times with progressively finer grits (150, 220, 320, 400, 600, and 800) of sandpaper, to achieve a very smooth surface and a diameter tolerance of .001 - .002 in, for a smooth transition with the metal parts. Wood pens then have 10 coats of finish applied and the ink pen is sanded again 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits to a high shine or satin finish. Acrylic and Tru-Stone pens are sanded 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits for a high shine and then a polish is added
Materials: antique pewter, acrylic, pewter, metal, Patriotic Acrylic.