Handcrafted Nouveau Style Ink Pen in Gold TN and Rhodium with Tru-Stone
Pen Fittings are designed by accomplished pen designer David Broadwell, this pen comes to life with custom casted 3-D Art Nouveau design components and premium plating. All exposed accent rings, bands and caps include elegant custom casted 3 dimensional Art Nouveau designs. You will find the pen has an ideal weight and balance to it and also gives smooth writing with a Parker style refill. This ballpoint ink pen was individually handcrafted through a long process and is one of a kind. The Tru-Stone material, Turquoise with Gold Matrix, has been turned, sanded and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable. Handcrafted Pen ships in Premium Black Leatherette Pen Gift Box with instructions for use. These elegant gift boxes feature leatherette materials that are stitched along all exterior edges. This box has a rich soft touch covering and the interior is lined with a suede-like fabric.
Nouveau Style Ink Pen Gold TN and Rhodium Plating
(TN) Titanium Gold - This method produces the most durable plating. This process is called PVD (particle vapor deposition). Titanium nitride matched to the color of the gold is molecularly bonded to the part and then 24K gold is bonded (sputtered) on the part to achieve a color match to our other gold parts. The parts are again re-plated after this. The final result is that the parts will virtually never wear. Rhodium is a member of the platinum family of metals. This is very durable hard and brilliant plating. It is often the plating of choice on high end pens
Nouveau Style Pens Tru-Stone Finish
Tru-Stone consists of more than 85% actual stone. Tru-Stone is made by a unique process of pulverizing semi-precious stones into a powder, and then combines them with other natural pigments and resins. The Tru-Stone color, Turquoise with Gold Matrix, is 4 times the cost of acrylic but the result is a stunning pen that will look great for many, many years.
Handcrafted Ink Pens Features and Specs
- Pen Type – Ballpoint
- Pen Type Operation – Twist
- Fittings – TN Gold and Rhodium
- Material – Tru-Stone – Turquoise with Gold Matrix
- Color – Turquoise with Gold
- Length – 5 inch
- Width (measured at point of finger contact) - .375 inch
- Weight – 1.9 oz
- Replacing Ink Cartridge – Unscrew Tip
- Pen Operation – Twist pen top to extend and retract
- Ink Color – Black Ballpoint
- Ink Cartridge Type – Upgraded, Schmidt Easy-Flow Parker style refill
- Includes case shown in photo for display or gifting
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of my ink pens are handcrafted on a lathe in my shop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- All pens will ship within 24 - 48 hours
- Each ink pen is unique; no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art.
- All of our wood products are purchased through legally licensed providers that provide exotic woods from sustainable forest product areas.
Handcrafted Ink Pens Crafting Process
The Nouveau ink pen is constructed first by hand selecting each piece and then cutting, drilling and turning the pen to its final shape on a lathe. The pen is then sanded 7 times with progressively finer grits (150, 220, 320, 400, 600, and 800) of sandpaper, to achieve a very smooth surface and a diameter tolerance of .001 - .002 in, for a smooth transition with the metal parts. Wood pens then have 10 coats of finish applied and the ink pen is sanded again 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits to a high shine or satin finish. Acrylic and Tru-Stone pens are sanded 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits for a high shine and then a polish is added.
Materials: Rhodium, TruStone, acrylic, Gold Titanium.