Art Deco Pen, Handcrafted in Chrome and Gold Ti with Crushed Silver Acrylic
Pen Fittings are designed by accomplished pen designer David Broadwell, this pen comes to life with custom casted 3-D Art Deco design components and premium plating. All exposed accent rings, bands and caps include elegant custom casted 3 dimensional Art Deco designs. You will find the pen has an ideal weight and balance to it and also gives smooth writing with a Parker style refill. This ballpoint ink pen was individually handcrafted through a long process and is one of a kind. The acrylic material, Crushed Silver, has been turned, sanded and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable. Handcrafted Pen, ships in Premium Black Leatherette Pen Gift Box with instructions for use. These elegant gift boxes feature leatherette materials that are stitched along all exterior edges. This box has a rich soft touch covering and the interior is lined with a suede-like fabric.
Handcrafted Pens Chrome and Gold Titanium Plating
Chrome plating is extremely durable plating. Under normal use, this plating should hold up for many, many years. Chrome is durable, beautiful and the choice of many of our customers. It is a "go to" plating.
Gold Ti - This method produces the most durable plating. This process is called PVD (particle vapor deposition). Titanium nitride matched to the color of the gold is molecularly bonded to the part and then 24K gold is bonded (sputtered) on the part to achieve a color match to our other gold parts. The parts are again re-plated after this. The final result is that the parts will virtually never wear.
Handmade Art Deco Pens Acrylic
The Ink Pens color, Crushed Silver, is a tough form of plastic for pens. No two pens are ever alike, as the acrylic is molded and the colors and patterns are mixed throughout. The acrylic material has been turned, sanded and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable.
Handcrafted Ballpoint Pens Features and Specs
Includes spires and starbursts that characterize the Art Deco period.
- Pen clip features unique Art Deco design and a radiant Swarovski Crystal
- The cap is 3-D cast with intricate Art Deco detail
- The Pen Band is cast and gold plated with Art Deco detail
- Pen Type – Ballpoint
- Pen Type Operation – Twist
- Fittings – Chrome and Gold Titanium
- Material – Acrylic – Crushed Silver
- Color – Light Silver to Grey with Iridescence
- Length – 5-1/4 inch
- Width (measured at point of finger contact) - .405 inch
- Weight – 1.9 oz
- Replacing Ink Cartridge – Unscrew Tip
- Pen Operation – Twist pen top to extend and retract
- Ink Color – Black Ballpoint
- Ink Cartridge Type – Upgraded, Schmidt Easy-Flow Parker style refill
- Includes pen case shown in photo for display or gifting
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of my ink pens are handcrafted on a lathe in my shop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- All pens will ship within 24 - 48 hours
- Each ink pen is unique; no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art.
- All of our wood products are purchased through legally licensed providers that provide exotic woods from sustainable forest product areas.
Ink Pen Crafting Process
The Art Deco ink pen is constructed first by hand selecting each piece and then cutting, drilling and turning the pen to its final shape on a lathe. The pen is then sanded 7 times with progressively finer grits (150, 220, 320, 400, 600, and 800) of sandpaper, to achieve a very smooth surface and a diameter tolerance of .001 - .002 in, for a smooth transition with the metal parts. Wood pens then have 10 coats of finish applied and the ink pen is sanded again 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits to a high shine or satin finish. Acrylic and Tru-Stone pens are sanded 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits for a high shine and then a polish is added.
Materials: gold titanium, chrome, acrylic, metal, black ink.