Art Deco Pen, Handcrafted in Gold and Black Titanium with Italian Resin
Pen Fittings are designed by accomplished pen designer David Broadwell, this pen comes to life with custom casted 3-D Art Deco design components and premium plating. All exposed accent rings, bands and caps include elegant custom casted 3 dimensional Art Deco designs. You will find the pen has an ideal weight and balance to it and also gives smooth writing with a Parker style refill. This ballpoint ink pen was individually handcrafted through a long process and is one of a kind. The Italian Resin, Madrepearlato Bordeaux, has been turned, sanded and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable. Handcrafted Pen, ships in Premium Black Leatherette Pen Gift Box with instructions for use. These elegant gift boxes feature leatherette materials that are stitched along all exterior edges. This box has a rich soft touch covering and the interior is lined with a suede-like fabric.
Handcrafted Pens Gold Ti and Black Ti Plating
Titanium is versatile, lightweight and strong, this metal is as strong as steel but is 45% lighter in weight, and is similar to platinum in its resistance to tarnishing. Titanium's strength, durability, and lustrous beauty make it an ideal choice for pens that are subject to daily wear.
Black Ti - Titanium Oxide is the hardest metal available for pen coatings. Its only "down" side is that it has a dark smoky color rather than the bright brilliance of platinum and rhodium. With the appropriate pen style and body, this can give a very dramatic and rich appearance.
Gold Ti - This method produces the most durable plating. This process is called PVD (particle vapor deposition). Titanium nitride matched to the color of the gold is molecularly bonded to the part and then 24K gold is bonded (sputtered) on the part to achieve a color match to our other gold parts. The parts are again re-plated after this. The final result is that the parts will virtually never wear.
Handmade Art Deco Pens Italian Resin
The Italian Resin Color, Madrepearlato Bordeaux, is the same resin that was used by the oldest pen manufacturer in Italy for their high end pens in their Creative Genius series. The Resin has an intense depth and richness of color! They polish to an amazing shine. It is a quality material that you can see and feel! This is the same material that has been used on $500 dollar plus pens.
Handcrafted Ballpoint Pens Features and Specs
- Includes spires and starbursts that characterize the Art Deco period.
- Pen clip features unique Art Deco design and a radiant Swarovski Crystal
- The cap is 3-D cast with intricate Art Deco detail
- The Pen Band is cast and gold plated with Art Deco detail
- Pen Type – Ballpoint
- Pen Type Operation – Twist
- Fittings – Black Titanium and Gold Titanium
- Material – Italian Resin – Madrepearlato Bordeaux
- Color – Deep Burgundy with Iridescence
- Length – 5-1/4 inch
- Width (measured at point of finger contact) - .405 inch
- Weight – 1.9 oz
- Replacing Ink Cartridge – Unscrew Tip
- Pen Operation – Twist pen top to extend and retract
- Ink Color – Black Ballpoint
- Ink Cartridge Type – Upgraded, Schmidt Easy-Flow Parker style refill
- Includes pen case shown in photo for display or gifting
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of my ink pens are handcrafted on a lathe in my shop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- All pens will ship within 24 - 48 hours
- Each ink pen is unique; no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art.
- All of our wood products are purchased through legally licensed providers that provide exotic woods from sustainable forest product areas.
Ink Pen Crafting Process
The Art Deco ink pen is constructed first by hand selecting each piece and then cutting, drilling and turning the pen to its final shape on a lathe. The pen is then sanded 7 times with progressively finer grits (150, 220, 320, 400, 600, and 800) of sandpaper, to achieve a very smooth surface and a diameter tolerance of .001 - .002 in, for a smooth transition with the metal parts. Wood pens then have 10 coats of finish applied and the ink pen is sanded again 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits to a high shine or satin finish. Acrylic and Tru-Stone pens are sanded 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits for a high shine and then a polish is added.
Materials: Gold, Black Titanium, Italian Resin, acrylic, metal, black ink.