Ballpoint Pen, Unique Ergonomic Design, Handmade in Chrome and 24k Gold with Strawberry Ice Acrylic
A unique pen design, the ultimate in comfortable and enjoyable writing. The front section is a unique three-sided shape somewhat like an indented triangle. This creates an extremely comfortable grip surface. The shape itself is very interesting and pleasing to look-at-this blends together with the rest of the pen creates a very nice looking pen. Ink Pen is Durable and has an extremely smooth pen mechanism. You will find the ink pen has an ideal weight and balance to it and also gives smooth writing with a Parker style refill. The Acrylic material, Strawberry Ice, has been turned, sanded and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable.
Handmade Ink Pens Chrome and Gold Plating
Chrome plating is extremely durable plating. Under normal use, this plating should hold up for many, many years. Chrome is durable, beautiful and the choice of many of our customers. It is a "go to" plating. Pen includes 24K Gold areas for contrast. The 24kt gold fittings offer a bright pure gold plating that will give your pen a rich and luxurious look.
Handcrafted Ink Pens Strawberry Ice Acrylic
The Ink Pens color, Strawberry Ice, is a tough form of plastic for pens. No two pens are ever alike, as the acrylic is molded and the colors and patterns are mixed throughout. The acrylic material has been turned, sanded and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable.
Ergonomic Ink Pens Features and Specs
- Pen Type – Ballpoint
- Pen Type Operation – Twist
- Fittings – Chrome with Gold Accents
- Material – Acrylic – Strawberry Ice
- Color – Burnt Orange with high Iridescence
- Length – 5-1/4 inch
- Width (measured at point of finger contact) - .435 inch
- Weight – 1.4 oz
- Replacing Ink Cartridge – Unscrew at Center
- Pen Operation – Twist pen to extend and retract
- Ink Color – Black Ballpoint
- Ink Cartridge Type – Parker style refill
- Includes case shown in photo for display or gifting
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of my ink pens are handcrafted on a lathe in my shop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- All pens will ship within 24 - 48 hours
- Each ink pen is unique; no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art.
- All of our wood products are purchased through legally licensed providers that provide exotic woods from sustainable forest product areas.
Ink Pen Crafting Process
The Contour Grip ink pen is constructed first by hand selecting each piece and then cutting, drilling and turning the pen to its final shape on a lathe. The pen is then sanded 7 times with progressively finer grits (150, 220, 320, 400, 600, and 800) of sandpaper, to achieve a very smooth surface and a diameter tolerance of .001 - .002 in, for a smooth transition with the metal parts. Wood pens then have 10 coats of finish applied and the ink pen is sanded again 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits to a high shine or satin finish. Acrylic and Tru-Stone pens are sanded 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits for a high shine and then a polish is added.
Materials: acrylic, chrome, gold, black ink.