Ballpoint Pen, Handcrafted in 24k Gold and Chrome with Clear Maple Burl
This beautifully sculpted Ballpoint pen makes the perfect gift. Get your hands on this bold, large, powerfully built writing instrument, perfect for someone who wants a larger heavier pen with substance. With a highly detailed cap and center band this pen will stand out from the crowd. This ink pen was individually handcrafted through a long process and is one of a kind. This ink pen was individually handcrafted through a long process and is one of a kind. The Stabilized Exhibition Grade Clear Maple Burl has been turned, sanded and coated with 10 layers of finish and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable.
Handcrafted Pen, ships in Premium Black Leatherette Pen Gift Box with instructions for use. These elegant gift boxes feature leatherette materials that are stitched along all exterior edges. This box has a rich soft touch covering and the interior is lined with a suede-like fabric.
Handcrafted Cigar Pens Plating
Few metals capture the heart like gold. A traditional choice for all types of pens, gold is the most easily worked of all metals because it is naturally very soft and malleable.
However, to create pen plating’s that are strong and durable, pure gold is alloyed with other metals such as copper and zinc, which strengthen it and gives it its color. Gold pen plating is consistently timeless and so elegant.
Chrome plating is extremely durable plating. Under normal use, this plating should hold up for many, many years. Chrome is durable, beautiful and the choice of many of our customers. It is a "go to" plating.
Handcrafted Ballpoint Pens Maple Burl
Wood burls grow as deformities on a tree trunk or branch that has suffered particular stress. Although their natural appearance is not particularly attractive, when cut for use in woodturning they reveal an incredible variety of texture in the grain that produces stunning results. This Maple Burl was harvested from forests in New England.
Handmade Ink Pen Features and Specs
- Ink Pen Type – Ballpoint
- Pen Type Operation – Twist
- Fittings – 24k Gold and Chrome
- Material – Wood – Clear Maple Burl
- Color – Cream and Tan with Brown Figuring
- Length – 5-1/2 in
- Width (measured at point of finger contact) - .486 in
- Replacing Ink Cartridge – Unscrew Two Halves of the pen
- Pen Operation – Twist top and bottom halves to extend and retract
- Weight – 1.6 oz
- Ink Color – Black Ballpoint
- Ink Cartridge Type – Upgraded, Schmidt Easy-Flow Parker style refill
- Includes pen case shown in photo for display or gifting
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of my ink pens are handcrafted on a lathe in my shop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- All pens will ship within 24 - 48 hours
- Each ink pen is unique; no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art.
- All of our wood products are purchased through legally licensed providers that provide exotic woods from sustainable forest product areas.
Ink Pen Crafting Process
The ballpoint pen is constructed first by hand selecting each piece and then cutting, drilling and turning the pen to its final shape on a lathe. The pen is then sanded 7 times with progressively finer grits (150, 220, 320, 400, 600, and 800) of sandpaper, to achieve a very smooth surface and a diameter tolerance of .001 - .002 in, for a smooth transition with the metal parts. Wood pens then have 10 coats of finish applied and the ink pen is sanded again 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits to a high shine or satin finish. Acrylic and Tru-Stone pens are sanded 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits for a high shine and then a polish is added
Materials: Gold, Chrome, Clear Maple Burl, black ink.