Ballpoint Pen, Handmade, Industrial Knurled Look in Gun Metal and Desert Oasis Acrylic
This style ink pen has a clean line and a sleek industrial look. The precision-cut knurled finish diamond pattern in gun metal on the tip and end cap provides a comfortable feel and writing experience. You will find the pen has an ideal weight and balance to it. Pen also gives smooth writing with a Parker style refill. This ballpoint ink pen was individually handcrafted through a long process and is one of a kind. The Acrylic material, Desert Oasis, has been turned, sanded and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable. Pen ships with instructions for use in a hard clear topped case for protection or gift giving.
Knurled Pens Gun Metal Plating
Our Gunmetal plating is the color of slightly grey satin Chrome. It consists of black nickel plated over brass or other substrate metals
Knurled Pens Acrylic
The Ink Pens color, Desert Oasis, is a tough form of plastic for pens. No two pens are ever alike, as the acrylic is molded and the colors and patterns are mixed throughout. The acrylic material has been turned, sanded and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable.
Handcrafted Pens Features and Specs
- Pen Type – Ballpoint
- Pen Type Operation – Twist
- Fittings – Gun Metal
- Material – Acrylic – Desert Oasis
- Color – Yellow with Greens and Blue
- Length – 5-3/8 inch
- Width (measured at point of finger contact) - .393 inch
- Weight – 1.4 oz
- Replacing Ink Cartridge – Unscrew Tip
- Pen Operation – Twist pen to extend and retract
- Ink Color – Black Ballpoint
- Ink Cartridge Type – Parker Style
- Includes case shown in photo for display or gifting
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of my ink pens are handcrafted on a lathe in my shop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- All pens will ship within 24 - 48 hours
- Each ink pen is unique; no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art.
- All of our wood products are purchased through legally licensed providers that provide exotic woods from sustainable forest product areas.
Handcrafted Pens Crafting Process
The Knurled ink pen is constructed first by hand selecting each piece and then cutting, drilling and turning the pen to its final shape on a lathe. The pen is then sanded 7 times with progressively finer grits (150, 220, 320, 400, 600, and 800) of sandpaper, to achieve a very smooth surface and a diameter tolerance of .001 - .002 in, for a smooth transition with the metal parts. Wood pens then have 10 coats of finish applied and the ink pen is sanded again 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits to a high shine or satin finish. Acrylic and Tru-Stone pens are sanded 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits for a high shine and then a polish is added
Materials: acrylic, gun metal, metal.