Ballpoint Pen, Handmade Industrial Pen in Chrome and Violet Acrylic
This ink pen features a refined, faceted, hexagonal nuts and bolts design that has great balance for a superior writing experience. Ink Pen has a super quiet, smooth action click mechanism. The pen was individually handcrafted through a long process and is one of a kind. This ink pen was individually handcrafted through a long process and is one of a kind. The Acrylic material, Violet, has been turned, sanded and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable. Pen ships with instructions for use in a hard clear topped case for protection or gift giving.
Ink Pens Chrome Plating
Chrome plating is extremely durable plating. Under normal use, this plating should hold up for many, many years. Chrome is durable, beautiful and the choice of many of our customers. It is a "go to" plating.
Ink Pens Acrylic
The Ink Pens color, Violet, is a tough form of plastic for pens. No two pens are ever alike, as the acrylic is molded and the colors and patterns are mixed throughout. The acrylic material has been turned, sanded and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable.
Ink Pen Features and Specs
- Pen Type – Ballpoint
- Pen Type Operation – Click Top
- Fittings – Chrome
- Material – Acrylic
- Color – Violet with Pearl Iridescence
- Length – 5-1/2 in
- Width (measured at point of finger contact) - .430 in
- Replacing Ink Cartridge – Unscrew tip of pen
- Pen Operation – Button click on top of pen to extend and retract
- Weight – 1.1 oz
- Ink Color – Black Ballpoint
- Ink Cartridge Type – Parker style refill
- Includes case shown in photo for display or gifting
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of my ink pens are handcrafted on a lathe in my shop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- All pens will ship within 24 - 48 hours
- Each ink pen is unique; no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art.
- All of our wood products are purchased through legally licensed providers that provide exotic woods from sustainable forest product areas.
Ink Pen Crafting Process
The Industrial Style Ink Pen is constructed first by hand selecting each piece and then cutting, drilling and turning the pen to its final shape on a lathe. The pen is then sanded 7 times with progressively finer grits (150, 220, 320, 400, 600, and 800) of sandpaper, to achieve a very smooth surface and a diameter tolerance of .001 - .002 in, for a smooth transition with the metal parts. Wood pens then have 10 coats of finish applied and the ink pen is sanded again 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits to a high shine or satin finish. Acrylic and Tru-Stone pens are sanded 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits for a high shine and then a polish is added
Materials: acrylic, chrome, metal.