Ballpoint Pen, Handmade Pen in 10k Gold and Chrome with Jack Daniels Barrel Wood
This great Twist Pen is small enough to go anywhere without sacrificing the feel of a full-size pen. The two-tone plating with decorative accent band lends a simple elegance. This ink pen was individually handcrafted through a long process and is one of a kind. The Jack Daniels Wood has been turned, sanded and coated with 10 layers of finish and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable. Pen ships with instructions for use in a hard clear topped case for protection or gift giving.
10K and Chrome Ballpoint Pen Plating
10K Gold - This popular plating blends hard nickel and the beauty of gold together to form a brilliant plating that is affordable. 10K plating is generally considered more resistant to wear than 24K, but ultimately it will abrade with use. Chrome plating is extremely durable plating. Under normal use, this plating should hold up for many, many years. Chrome is durable, beautiful and the choice of many of our customers. It is a "go to" plating.
Ballpoint Pens Jack Daniels Wood Finish
Jack Daniel's Barrel Wood - The pens Wood was cut from an oak whiskey barrel once used by the Jack Daniel Distillery. The barrels were used to age the whiskey to perfection over a 7 year period and were used only once before they were made available to us. Pen includes a certificate of authenticity.
Handcrafted Ink Pen Features and Specs
- Ink Pen Type – Ballpoint
- Pen Type Operation – Twist
- Fittings – 10K/Chrome
- Material – Wood - Jack Daniel's Barrel Wood
- Color – Browns and Creams
- Length – 5 in
- Width (measured at point of finger contact) - .460 in
- Replacing Ink Cartridge – Unscrew Tip
- Pen Operation – Twist top halve of pen to extend and retract
- Weight – 1.4 oz
- Ink Color – Black Ballpoint
- Ink Cartridge Type – Parker Style
- Includes case shown in photo for display or gifting
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of my ink pens are handcrafted on a lathe in my shop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- All pens will ship within 24 - 48 hours
- Each ink pen is unique; no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art.
- All of our wood products are purchased through legally licensed providers that provide exotic woods from sustainable forest product areas.
Handcrafted Ink Pens Crafting Process
The ink pen is constructed first by hand selecting each piece and then cutting, drilling and turning the pen to its final shape on a lathe. The pen is then sanded 7 times with progressively finer grits (150, 220, 320, 400, 600, and 800) of sandpaper, to achieve a very smooth surface and a diameter tolerance of .001 - .002 in, for a smooth transition with the metal parts. Wood pens then have 10 coats of finish applied and the ink pen is sanded again 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits to a high shine or satin finish. Acrylic and Tru-Stone pens are sanded 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits for a high shine and then a polish is added
Materials: oak whiskey barrel, gold, chrome, jack daniels, wood, Jack Daniels Barrel Wood.