Ballpoint Pen, Handmade Twist Pen in 24k Gold and Gunmetal with Superstrata Acrylic
Classic style ink pen with the Gatsby flair and elegance. The Gatsby ink pen is Classic, Durable and has an extremely smooth pen mechanism. This is the Gatsby Grand version which is a bit larger diameter than some pens. You will find the ink pen has an ideal weight and balance to it and also gives smooth writing with a Parker style refill. This twist style ink pen was individually handcrafted through a long process and is one of a kind. The Acrylic material, Superstrata, has been turned, sanded and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable. Pen ships with instructions for use in a hard clear topped case for protection or gift giving.
Gatsby Ink Pens 24K Gold and Gunmetal Plating
The 24kt gold fittings offer a bright pure gold plating that will give your pen a rich and luxurious look. Our 24kt gold uses a "premium rack plating" process and is covered with an epoxy coating for extreme durability. Our Gunmetal plating is the color of slightly grey satin Chrome. It consists of black nickel plated over brass or other substrate metals.
Gatsby Ink Pens Acrylic
The ink pens color, Superstrata, is a tough form of plastic for pens and pencils. It is available in an almost endless number of colors, patterns and textures. No two pens are ever alike, as the acrylic is molded and the colors and patterns are mixed throughout. The acrylic material has been turned and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable.
Gatsby Ink Pens Features and Specs
- Pen Type – Ballpoint
- Pen Type Operation – Twist
- Fittings – 24K Gold and Gunmetal
- Material – Acrylic – Superstrata
- Color – Rainbow
- Length – 5-1/8 inch
- Width (measured at point of finger contact) - .420 inch
- Weight – 1.5 oz
- Replacing Ink Cartridge – Unscrew Cap
- Pen Operation – Twist pen to extend and retract
- Ink Color – Black Ballpoint
- Ink Cartridge Type – Parker Style
- Includes case shown in photo for display or gifting
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of my ink pens are handcrafted on a lathe in my shop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- All pens will ship within 24 - 48 hours
- Each ink pen is unique; no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art.
- All of our wood products are purchased through legally licensed providers that provide exotic woods from sustainable forest product areas.
Ink Pen Crafting Process
The Gatsby ink pen is constructed first by hand selecting each piece and then cutting, drilling and turning the pen to its final shape on a lathe. The pen is then sanded 7 times with progressively finer grits (150, 220, 320, 400, 600, and 800) of sandpaper, to achieve a very smooth surface and a diameter tolerance of .001 - .002 in, for a smooth transition with the metal parts. Wood pens then have 10 coats of finish applied and the ink pen is sanded again 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits to a high shine or satin finish. Acrylic and Tru-Stone pens are sanded 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits for a high shine and then a polish is added.
Materials: acrylic, gold, gunmetal, metal.