Ballpoint Pen, Handmade Pen in 24k Gold and Laminated Wood
This handcrafted ink pen features a sleek and modern design that has great balance for a superior writing experience. Click Ink Pen has a super quiet, smooth action click mechanism and has been meticulously turned and assembled by hand. This ink pen was individually handcrafted through a long process and is one of a kind. The Laminated Wood has been turned, sanded and coated with 10 layers of finish and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable. Pen ships with instructions for use in a hard clear topped case for protection or gift giving.
Ballpoint Click Pens 24k Gold Plating
The 24kt gold fittings offer a bright pure gold plating that will give your pen a rich and luxurious look. Our 24kt gold uses a "premium rack plating" process and is covered with an epoxy coating for extreme durability.
Ballpoint Click Pens Laminate Finish
Laminated wood is a variety of wood types that have been dyed and then glued together in various patterns to give a unique and beautiful look to our pens.
Ink Pen Features and Specs
- Pen Type – Ballpoint
- Pen Type Operation – Click Top
- Fittings – 24k Gold Finish
- Material – Wood - Laminated
- Color – Browns and Tans
- Length – 5-1/2 in
- Width (measured at point of finger contact) - .394 in
- Replacing Ink Cartridge – Unscrew tip of pen
- Pen Operation – Button click on top of pen to extend and retract
- Weight – 1.3 oz
- Ink Color – Black Ballpoint
- Ink Cartridge Type – Parker Style
- Includes case shown in photo for display or gifting
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of my ink pens are handcrafted on a lathe in my shop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- All pens will ship within 24 - 48 hours
- Each ink pen is unique; no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art.
- All of our wood products are purchased through legally licensed providers that provide exotic woods from sustainable forest product areas.
Ink Pen Crafting Process
The ink pen is constructed first by hand selecting each piece and then cutting, drilling and turning the pen to its final shape on a lathe. The pen is then sanded 7 times with progressively finer grits (150, 220, 320, 400, 600, and 800) of sandpaper, to achieve a very smooth surface and a diameter tolerance of .001 - .002 in, for a smooth transition with the metal parts. Wood pens then have 10 coats of finish applied and the ink pen is sanded again 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits to a high shine or satin finish. Acrylic and Tru-Stone pens are sanded 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits for a high shine and then a polish is added.
Materials: wood, laminated wood, gold, 24k, metal.