Ballpoint Pen, Handmade Pen in Black Chrome and Burmese Rosewood
This ink pen features a refined design that has great balance for a superior writing experience. Ink Pen has a super quiet, smooth action click mechanism and has been meticulously turned and assembled by hand. The Burmese Rosewood has been turned, sanded and coated with 10 layers of finish and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable. Pen ships with instructions for use in a hard clear topped case for protection or gift giving.
Handcrafted Black Chrome Ballpoint Pen Plating
Black Chrome offers a unique alternative to traditional plating's that works extremely well with lighter color woods or dark colored wood to evoke that "tactical" look. The unusual "non-metallic" black color makes Black Chrome a favorite.
Handmade Ballpoint Pens Burmese Rosewood
Rosewood color ranges from a medium orange to a darker reddish brown; sometimes with darker black streaks. Color tends to darken with age, though it tends to maintain its color better than other colorful exotic woods. Grain is straight or slightly interlocked with medium-fine texture and a good natural luster.
Ink Pen Features and Specs
- Pen Type – Ballpoint
- Pen Type Operation – Click Top
- Fittings – Black Chrome Finish
- Material – Wood - Burmese Rosewood
- Color – Rainbow
- Length – 5-1/2 in
- Width (measured at point of finger contact) - .394 in
- Replacing Ink Cartridge – Unscrew tip of pen
- Pen Operation – Button click on top of pen to extend and retract
- Weight – 1.1 oz
- Ink Color – Black Ballpoint
- Ink Cartridge Type – Parker Style
- Includes case shown in photo for display or gifting
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of my ink pens are handcrafted on a lathe in my shop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- All pens will ship within 24 - 48 hours
- Each ink pen is unique; no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art.
- All of our wood products are purchased through legally licensed providers that provide exotic woods from sustainable forest product areas.
Ink Pen Crafting Process
The Industrial Style Ink Pen is constructed first by hand selecting each piece and then cutting, drilling and turning the pen to its final shape on a lathe. The pen is then sanded 7 times with progressively finer grits (150, 220, 320, 400, 600, and 800) of sandpaper, to achieve a very smooth surface and a diameter tolerance of .001 - .002 in, for a smooth transition with the metal parts. Wood pens then have 10 coats of finish applied and the ink pen is sanded again 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits to a high shine or satin finish. Acrylic and Tru-Stone pens are sanded 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits for a high shine and then a polish is added
Materials: black chrome, burmese rosewood, metal wood.