Ink Pen, Handmade in Black Chrome and Festival Acrylic
This ink pen features a refined design that has great balance for a superior writing experience. Ink Pen has a super quiet, smooth action click mechanism and has been meticulously turned and assembled by hand. This ballpoint ink pen has been individually handcrafted through a long process and is one of a kind. The Acrylic material, Festival, has been turned, sanded and polished, to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable. Pen ships with instructions for use in a hard clear topped case for protection or gift giving.
Black Chrome Ballpoint Pen Plating
Black Chrome offers a unique alternative to traditional plating's that works extremely well with lighter color woods or dark colored wood to evoke that "tactical" look. The unusual "non-metallic" black color makes Black Chrome a favorite.
Ballpoint Pens Acrylic Finish
The Ink Pens color, Festival, is a tough form of plastic for pens. No two pens are ever alike, as the acrylic is molded and the colors and patterns are mixed throughout. The acrylic material has been turned, sanded and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable.
Handcrafted Pens Features and Specs
- Pen Type – Ballpoint
- Pen Type Operation – Click Top
- Fittings – Black Chrome Finish
- Material – Acrylic - Festival
- Color – Rainbow
- Length – 5-1/2 in
- Width (measured at point of finger contact) - .394 in
- Replacing Ink Cartridge – Unscrew tip of pen
- Pen Operation – Button click on top of pen to extend and retract
- Weight – 1.1 oz
- Ink Color – Black Ballpoint
- Ink Cartridge Type – Parker Style
- Includes case shown in photo for display or gifting
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of my ink pens are handcrafted on a lathe in my shop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- All pens will ship within 24 - 48 hours
- Each ink pen is unique; no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art.
- All of our wood products are purchased through legally licensed providers that provide exotic woods from sustainable forest product areas.
Handcrafted Pens Crafting Process
The Industrial Style Ink Pen is constructed first by hand selecting each piece and then cutting, drilling and turning the pen to its final shape on a lathe. The pen is then sanded 7 times with progressively finer grits (150, 220, 320, 400, 600, and 800) of sandpaper, to achieve a very smooth surface and a diameter tolerance of .001 - .002 in, for a smooth transition with the metal parts. Wood pens then have 10 coats of finish applied and the ink pen is sanded again 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits to a high shine or satin finish. Acrylic and Tru-Stone pens are sanded 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits for a high shine and then a polish is added
Materials: Black Enamel, Acrylic, metal, black ink.