Ballpoint Pen, Handmade Pen in Black Titanium and Copper with Orange Ribbons on Chocolate Acrylic
This great Twist Pen is small enough to go anywhere without sacrificing the feel of a full-size pen. The two-tone plating with decorative accent band lends a simple elegance. This ink pen was individually handcrafted through a long process and is one of a kind. The Acrylic material has been turned, sanded and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable. Pen ships with instructions for use in a hard clear topped case for protection or gift giving.
Black TI and Copper Ballpoint Pen Plating
Copper offers a unique beauty and warmth. Because copper is soft by nature, these pens feature this plating will often have a protective clear layer on top of the copper plating to increase resistance to wear. The authentic patina and natural darkening brings out the details of the finish and creates a unique feel with a charm all its own.
Black Titanium is versatile, lightweight and strong, this metal is as strong as steel but is 45% lighter in weight, and is similar to platinum in its resistance to tarnishing. Titanium's strength, durability, and lustrous beauty make it an ideal choice for pens that are subject to daily wear.
Titanium Oxide is the hardest metal available for pen coatings. Its only "down" side is that it has a dark smoky color rather than the bright brilliance of platinum and rhodium. With the appropriate pen style and body, this can give a very dramatic and rich appearance.
Ballpoint Pens Acrylic Finish
The Twist Pens color, Orange Ribbons on Chocolate, is a tough form of plastic for pens and pencils. It is available in an almost endless number of colors, patterns and textures. No two pens are ever alike, as the acrylic is molded and the colors and patterns are mixed throughout. The acrylic material has been turned and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable.
Handcrafted Ink Pen Features and Specs
- Ink Pen Type – Ballpoint
- Pen Type Operation – Twist
- Fittings – Black TI/Copper
- Material – Acrylic - Orange Ribbons on Chocolate
- Color – Dark Brown with Orange Lines
- Length – 5 in
- Width (measured at point of finger contact) - .460 in
- Replacing Ink Cartridge – Unscrew Tip
- Pen Operation – Twist top halve of pen to extend and retract
- Weight – 1.4 oz
- Ink Color – Black Ballpoint
- Ink Cartridge Type – Parker Style
- Includes case shown in photo for display or gifting
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of my ink pens are handcrafted on a lathe in my shop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- All pens will ship within 24 - 48 hours
- Each ink pen is unique; no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art.
- All of our wood products are purchased through legally licensed providers that provide exotic woods from sustainable forest product areas.
Handcrafted Ink Pens Crafting Process
The ink pen is constructed first by hand selecting each piece and then cutting, drilling and turning the pen to its final shape on a lathe. The pen is then sanded 7 times with progressively finer grits (150, 220, 320, 400, 600, and 800) of sandpaper, to achieve a very smooth surface and a diameter tolerance of .001 - .002 in, for a smooth transition with the metal parts. Wood pens then have 10 coats of finish applied and the ink pen is sanded again 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits to a high shine or satin finish. Acrylic and Tru-Stone pens are sanded 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits for a high shine and then a polish is added
Materials: acrylic, copper, Black TI, Orange Ribbons on Chocolate Acrylic.