Ballpoint Twist Pen, Handmade Pen in Black Titanium and Oasis Laminate
This version of our smaller pens is a bit larger, still great for small hands but with a little more substance. Ink pen features a modern design with a convenient Cross style twist pen mechanism. This ballpoint ink pen was individually handcrafted through a long process and is one of a kind. The Oasis Laminate Wood has been turned, sanded and coated with 10 layers of finish and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable. Pen ships with instructions for use in a hard clear topped case for protection or gift giving.
Handcrafted Ink Pens Black TN Plating
Black Titanium is versatile, lightweight and strong, this metal is as strong as steel but is 45% lighter in weight, and is similar to platinum in its resistance to tarnishing. Titanium's strength, durability, and lustrous beauty make it an ideal choice for pens that are subject to daily wear.
Titanium Oxide is the hardest metal available for pen coatings. Its only "down" side is that it has a dark smoky color rather than the bright brilliance of platinum and rhodium. With the appropriate pen style and body, this can give a very dramatic and rich appearance.
Handmade Twist Ink Pens Wood
Laminated wood is a variety of wood types that have been dyed and then glued together in various patterns to give a unique and beautiful look to our pens.
Handcrafted Ink Pens Features and Specs
- Pen Type – Ballpoint
- Pen Type Operation – Twist
- Fittings – Black TN
- Material – Laminate Wood – Oasis
- Color – Red, Green, Blue and Yellow
- Length – 5-1/4 inch
- Width (measured at point of finger contact) - .362 inch
- Weight – 0.9 oz
- Replacing Ink Cartridge – Pull off top halve of pen
- Pen Operation – Twist two halves to extend and retract
- Ink Color – Black Ballpoint
- Ink Cartridge Type – Cross Style
- Includes case shown in photo for display or gifting
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of my ink pens are handcrafted on a lathe in my shop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- All pens will ship within 24 - 48 hours
- Each ink pen is unique; no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art.
- All of our wood products are purchased through legally licensed providers that provide exotic woods from sustainable forest product areas.
Ink Pen Crafting Process
The twist ink pen is constructed first by hand selecting each piece and then cutting, drilling and turning the pen to its final shape on a lathe. The pen is then sanded 7 times with progressively finer grits (150, 220, 320, 400, 600, and 800) of sandpaper, to achieve a very smooth surface and a diameter tolerance of .001 - .002 in, for a smooth transition with the metal parts. Wood pens then have 10 coats of finish applied and the ink pen is sanded again 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits to a high shine or satin finish. Acrylic and Tru-Stone pens are sanded 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits for a high shine and then a polish is added.
Materials: wood, laminate, black titanium, metal.