Ballpoint Pen, Handmade Pen in Chrome and Satin Chrome Finish with Superstrata Acrylic
This is a special Ultra variation of the ever popular Cigar ballpoint pen. This beautifully sculpted Cigar style ink pen makes the perfect gift. Get your hands on this bold, large, powerfully built writing instrument, perfect for someone who wants a larger heavier pen with substance. The Acrylic material, Superstrata, has been turned, sanded and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable. Handcrafted Pen ships in Premium Black Leatherette Pen Gift Box with instructions for use. These elegant gift boxes feature leatherette materials that are stitched along all exterior edges. This box has a rich soft touch covering and the interior is lined with a suede-like fabric.
Cigar Pens Chrome and Satin Chrome Plating
Chrome plating is extremely durable plating. Under normal use, this plating should hold up for many, many years. Chrome is durable, beautiful and the choice of many of our customers. It is a "go to" plating. Satin series pens undergo a special plating process that produces a matte finish that features a slight texture that looks and feels great. This popular plating offers a unique alternative to traditional plating.
Ballpoint Pens Acrylic Finish
The Ink Pens color, Superstrata, is a tough form of plastic for pens. No two pens are ever alike, as the acrylic is molded and the colors and patterns are mixed throughout. The acrylic material has been turned, sanded and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable
Handcrafted Ink Pen Features and Specs
- Ink Pen Type – Ballpoint
- Pen Type Operation – Twist
- Fittings – Chrome/Satin Chrome Finish
- Material – Acrylic – Superstrata
- Color – Multiple mixed colors
- Length – 5-1/2 in
- Width (measured at point of finger contact) - .516 in
- Replacing Ink Cartridge – Unscrew Tip
- Pen Operation – Twist top and bottom halves to extend and retract
- Weight – 1.9 oz
- Ink Color – Black Ballpoint
- Ink Cartridge Type – Parker Style
- Includes case shown in photo for display or gifting
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of my ink pens are handcrafted on a lathe in my shop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- All pens will ship within 24 - 48 hours
- Each ink pen is unique; no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art.
- All of our wood products are purchased through legally licensed providers that provide exotic woods from sustainable forest product areas.
Handmade Ink Pens Crafting Process
The ink pen is constructed first by hand selecting each piece and then cutting, drilling and turning the pen to its final shape on a lathe. The pen is then sanded 7 times with progressively finer grits (150, 220, 320, 400, 600, and 800) of sandpaper, to achieve a very smooth surface and a diameter tolerance of .001 - .002 in, for a smooth transition with the metal parts. Wood pens then have 10 coats of finish applied and the ink pen is sanded again 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits to a high shine or satin finish. Acrylic and Tru-Stone pens are sanded 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits for a high shine and then a polish is added.
Materials: Chrome, Satin Chrome, acrylic, Superstrata Acrylic.