Ballpoint Pen, Classic Style, Handmade Pen in Gold and Parrot Bay Acrylic
This Handcrafted ink pen resembles one of the world's most expensive writing instruments. This ink pen was individually handcrafted through a long process and is one of a kind. The Acrylic material, Parrot Bay, has been turned, sanded and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable. Pen ships with instructions for use in a hard clear topped case for protection or gift giving.
Hand crafted Ink Pens Gold Plating
The 24kt gold fittings offer a bright pure gold plating that will give your pen a rich and luxurious look. Our 24kt gold uses a "premium rack plating" process and is covered with an epoxy coating for extreme durability.
Handmade Ballpoint Pens Acrylic Finish
The Ink Pens color, Parrot Bay, is a tough form of plastic for pens. No two pens are ever alike, as the acrylic is molded and the colors and patterns are mixed throughout. The acrylic material has been turned, sanded and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable.
Ink Pens Features and Specs
- Pen Type – Ballpoint
- Pen Type Operation – Twist
- Fittings – 24k Gold
- Material – Acrylic - Parrot Bay
- Color – Green, Yellow and Blue with Iridescence
- Length – 5-5/8 inch
- Width (measured at point of finger contact) - .460 inch
- Weight – 1.1 oz
- Replacing Ink Cartridge – Pull off top halve of pen
- Pen Operation – Twist top halve of pen to extend and retract
- Ink Color –Black
- Ink Cartridge – Cross Style
- Includes case shown in photo for display or gifting
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of my ink pens are handcrafted on a lathe in my shop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- All pens will ship within 24 - 48 hours
- Each ink pen is unique; no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art.
- All of our wood products are purchased through legally licensed providers that provide exotic woods from sustainable forest product areas.
Ink Pen Crafting Process
The ink pen is constructed first by hand selecting each piece and then cutting, drilling and turning the pen to its final shape on a lathe. The pen is then sanded 7 times with progressively finer grits (150, 220, 320, 400, 600, and 800) of sandpaper, to achieve a very smooth surface and a diameter tolerance of .001 - .002 in, for a smooth transition with the metal parts. Wood pens then have 10 coats of finish applied and the ink pen is sanded again 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits to a high shine or satin finish. Acrylic and Tru-Stone pens are sanded 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits for a high shine and then a polish is added
Materials: gold, 24k, acrylic, metal, black ink.