Handmade Breast Cancer Awareness Ink Pen in Gold and Blue Acrylic
This Breast Cancer Awareness Pen has generated a contribution to an organization that supports research for a cure to Breast Cancer. The ink pens unique design sparkles with a Swarovski® - clear crystal accented breast cancer awareness ribbon on the pen clip. More Swarovski® clear crystals around the pen band and a larger Swarovski® - clear crystal on the pen end round out this graceful design. This ballpoint ink pen was individually handcrafted through a long process and is one of a kind. The Acrylic material, Blue, has been turned, sanded and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable. Pen ships with instructions for use in a hard clear topped case for protection or gift giving.
Twist Pens Gold Plating
The 24kt gold fittings offer a bright pure gold plating that will give your pen a rich and luxurious look. Our 24kt gold uses a "premium rack plating" process and is covered with an epoxy coating for extreme durability.
Ballpoint Pens Acrylic
The Ink Pens color, Blue, is a tough form of plastic for pens. No two pens are ever alike, as the acrylic is molded and the colors and patterns are mixed throughout. The acrylic material has been turned, sanded and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable.
Breast Cancer Awareness Pen Features and Specs
- Pen Type – Ballpoint
- Pen Type Operation – Twist
- Fittings – Gold
- Material – Acrylic – Blue
- Color – Shades of Blue with some Iridescence
- Length – 5-5/8 inch
- Width (measured at point of finger contact) - .458 inch
- Weight – 1.4 oz
- Replacing Ink Cartridge – Unscrew top halve of pen
- Pen Operation – Twist two halves of pen to extend and retract
- Ink Color – Black Ballpoint
- Ink Cartridge Type – Parker Style
- Includes case shown in photo for display or gifting
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of my ink pens are handcrafted on a lathe in my shop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- All pens will ship within 24 - 48 hours
- Each ink pen is unique; no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art.
- All of our wood products are purchased through legally licensed providers that provide exotic woods from sustainable forest product areas.
Ink Pen Crafting Process
The Breast Cancer ink pen is constructed first by hand selecting each piece and then cutting, drilling and turning the pen to its final shape on a lathe. The pen is then sanded 7 times with progressively finer grits (150, 220, 320, 400, 600, and 800) of sandpaper, to achieve a very smooth surface and a diameter tolerance of .001 - .002 in, for a smooth transition with the metal parts. Wood pens then have 10 coats of finish applied and the ink pen is sanded again 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits to a high shine or satin finish. Acrylic and Tru-Stone pens are sanded 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits for a high shine and then a polish is added
Materials: acrylic, gold, metal, Swarovski crystals.