Celtic Pen, Handcrafted in Antique Pewter and Tahitian Emerald
The Celtic ink pen features intricate Celtic Knot scrollwork on the tip, clip and end as well as an emerald color cabochon on the end. The Celtic Knot motif dates back to 5th century and represents the truth of eternity and interconnected spirit. Your gift recipient doesn't need to be of Celtic origin to appreciate this pen; the symbolism of Celtic culture is universal. Pen includes an intricately designed clip that is a powerful symbol of faith and has been a dominant religious and cultural symbol in the islands around Britain for centuries. The ink pen was individually handcrafted through a long process and is one of a kind. The Laminated Wood has been turned, sanded and coated with 10 layers of finish and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable. Pen ships in Premium Black Leatherette Pen Gift Box with instructions for use. These elegant gift boxes feature leatherette materials that are stitched along all exterior edges. This box has a rich soft touch covering and the interior is lined with a suede-like fabric.
Celtic Ink Pens Antique Pewter Plating
Antiqued pewter plated components have pewter-colored plating that has been darkened to provide a "distressed" (oxidized) appearance. This usually gives the pen an aged matte look. Antique Pewter finish is formulated to simulate the sophisticated sheen of time-worn pewter. The authentic patina and natural darkening brings out the details of the finish and creates a unique feel with a charm all its own.
Celtic Pens Laminate Finish
Laminated wood is a variety of wood types that have been dyed and then glued together in various patterns to give a unique and beautiful look to our pens.
Celtic Ink Pen Features and Specs
- Ink Pen Type – Ballpoint
- Pen Type Operation – Twist
- Fittings – Antique Pewter Finish
- Material – Laminate – Tahitian Emerald
- Color – Shades of Green with Grain Markings
- Length – 5-1/8 in
- Width (measured at point of finger contact) - .541 in
- Replacing Ink Cartridge – Unscrew top cap of pen
- Pen Operation – Twist top cap to extend and retract
- Weight – 1.7 oz
- Ink Color – Black Ballpoint
- Ink Cartridge Type – Upgraded, Schmidt Easy-Flow Parker style refill
- Includes pen case shown in photo for display or gifting
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of my ink pens are handcrafted on a lathe in my shop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- All pens will ship within 24 - 48 hours
- Each ink pen is unique; no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art.
- All of our wood products are purchased through legally licensed providers that provide exotic woods from sustainable forest product areas.
Ink Pen Crafting Process
The Celtic ink pen is constructed first by hand selecting each piece and then cutting, drilling and turning the pen to its final shape on a lathe. The pen is then sanded 7 times with progressively finer grits (150, 220, 320, 400, 600, and 800) of sandpaper, to achieve a very smooth surface and a diameter tolerance of .001 - .002 in, for a smooth transition with the metal parts. Wood pens then have 10 coats of finish applied and the ink pen is sanded again 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits to a high shine or satin finish. Acrylic and Tru-Stone pens are sanded 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits for a high shine and then a polish is added
Materials: antique brass, metal, wood, laminate, brass, black ink.