Cigar Pen, Handcrafted in 24k Gold and Chrome with Masur Birch Wood
This beautifully sculpted Cigar style ink pen makes the perfect gift. Get your hands on this bold, large, powerfully built writing instrument, perfect for someone who wants a larger heavier pen with substance. This ink pen was individually handcrafted through a long process and is one of a kind. The Masur Birch Wood has been turned, sanded and coated with 10 layers of finish and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable. Handcrafted Pen ships in Premium Black Leatherette Pen Gift Box with instructions for use. These elegant gift boxes feature leatherette materials that are stitched along all exterior edges. This box has a rich soft touch covering and the interior is lined with a suede-like fabric.
Handcrafted Ballpoint Pen Plating
Chrome plating is extremely durable plating. Under normal use, this plating should hold up for many, many years. Chrome is durable, beautiful and the choice of many of our customers. It is a "go to" plating. Pen includes 24K Gold areas for contrast. The 24kt gold fittings offer a bright pure gold plating that will give your pen a rich and luxurious look.
Handmade Cigar Ink Pens Masur Birch
Masur Birch is similar to Birdseye Maple in that it's not a species, but has a unique enough grain pattern to have its own category. The species grows throughout Europe/Asia and the finished pens are stunning. Once surmised to have been caused by the boring larvae of a certain beetle the resulting figure and appearance is very similar to burl wood or Birdseye maple, though of a different origin.
Handcrafted Cigar Ink Pens Features and Specs
- Ink Pen Type – Ballpoint
- Pen Type Operation – Twist
- Fittings – Chrome and 24k Finish
- Material – Wood – Masur Birch
- Color – Cream to Light Brown with Dark Brown Figuring
- Length – 5-1/2 in
- Width (measured at point of finger contact) - .506 in
- Replacing Ink Cartridge – Unscrew tip of pen
- Pen Operation – Twist top and bottom halves to extend and retract
- Weight – 1.9 oz
- Ink Color – Black Ballpoint
- Ink Cartridge Type – Upgraded, Schmidt Easy-Flow Parker style refill
- Includes case shown in photo for display or gifting
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of my ink pens are handcrafted on a lathe in my shop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- All pens will ship within 24 - 48 hours
- Each ink pen is unique; no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art.
- All of our wood products are purchased through legally licensed providers that provide exotic woods from sustainable forest product areas.
Ink Pen Crafting Process
The Cigar style ink pen is constructed first by hand selecting each piece and then cutting, drilling and turning the pen to its final shape on a lathe. The pen is then sanded 7 times with progressively finer grits (150, 220, 320, 400, 600, and 800) of sandpaper, to achieve a very smooth surface and a diameter tolerance of .001 - .002 in, for a smooth transition with the metal parts. Wood pens then have 10 coats of finish applied and the ink pen is sanded again 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits to a high shine or satin finish. Acrylic and Tru-Stone pens are sanded 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits for a high shine and then a polish is added
Materials: 24k Gold, Chrome, Masur Birch, Wood, metal, ink.