Classic Pen, Handmade Ballpoint Pen with Gunmetal and Bethlehem Olivewood
Classic style ink pen with the Gatsby flair and elegance. The Gatsby ink pen is Classic, Durable and has an extremely smooth pen mechanism. This is the Gatsby Grand version which is a bit larger diameter than some pens. You will find the ink pen has an ideal weight and balance to it and also gives smooth writing with a Parker style refill. This twist style ink pen was individually handcrafted through a long process and is one of a kind. The Olivewood has been turned, sanded and coated with 10 layers of finish and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable. Pen ships with instructions for use in a hard clear topped case for protection or gift giving.
Gatsby Ink Pens Gunmetal Plating
Our Gunmetal plating is the color of slightly grey satin Chrome. It consists of black nickel plated over brass or other substrate metals
Handmade Pens Olivewood
Handcrafted pen includes a certificate of authenticity; the certificate assures you that this is authentic Bethlehem Holy Land Olive Wood – a natural raw material. This wood comes from pruning of the young trees, the sprouts from the trunks of old trees, and unproductive trees. Your pen is a product made of authentic Olive Wood from the holy city of Bethlehem in Israel. The wood is from trees which have been bearing fruit since the time of the Romans. No trees were damaged or destroyed in the process of harvesting this Olive Wood.
Handcrafted Ink Pens Features and Specs
- Pen Type – Ballpoint
- Pen Type Operation – Twist
- Fittings – Gunmetal
- Material – Wood – Olivewood
- Color – Browns and cream with high figuring
- Length – 5-1/8 inch
- Width (measured at point of finger contact) - .420 inch
- Weight – 1.5 oz
- Replacing Ink Cartridge – Unscrew Cap
- Pen Operation – Twist pen to extend and retract
- Ink Color – Black Ballpoint
- Ink Cartridge Type – Parker Style
- Includes case shown in photo for display or gifting
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of my ink pens are handcrafted on a lathe in my shop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- All pens will ship within 24 - 48 hours
- Each ink pen is unique; no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art.
- All of our wood products are purchased through legally licensed providers that provide exotic woods from sustainable forest product areas.
Handcrafted Ink Pens Crafting Process
The Gatsby ink pen is constructed first by hand selecting each piece and then cutting, drilling and turning the pen to its final shape on a lathe. The pen is then sanded 7 times with progressively finer grits (150, 220, 320, 400, 600, and 800) of sandpaper, to achieve a very smooth surface and a diameter tolerance of .001 - .002 in, for a smooth transition with the metal parts. Wood pens then have 10 coats of finish applied and the ink pen is sanded again 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits to a high shine or satin finish. Acrylic and Tru-Stone pens are sanded 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits for a high shine and then a polish is added.
Materials: Bethlehem Olivewood, olivewood, gun metal, wood.