Comfort Grip Pen, Handmade Ballpoint Pen in Gunmetal with Cranberry and Black Acrylic
This handcrafted ink pen has clean simple lines with a rubber comfort grip for effortless writing. This ink pen was individually handcrafted through a long process and is one of a kind. The Acrylic material, Cranberry and Black, has been turned, sanded and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable. Pen ships with instructions for use in a hard clear topped case for protection or gift giving.
Handcrafted Ballpoint Pens Gunmetal Plating
Our Gunmetal plating is the color of slightly grey satin Chrome. It consists of black nickel plated over brass or other substrate metals
Handmade Ballpoint Pens Acrylic Finish
The Ink Pens color, Cranberry and Black, is a tough form of plastic for pens. No two pens are ever alike, as the acrylic is molded and the colors and patterns are mixed throughout. The acrylic material has been turned, sanded and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable.
Handcrafted Ink Pen Features and Specs
- Ink Pen Type – Ballpoint
- Pen Type Operation – Twist
- Fittings – Gunmetal
- Material – Acrylic – Cranberry and Black
- Color – Cranberry and Black with Iridescence
- Length – 5-1/4 in
- Width (measured at point of finger contact) - .376 in
- Replacing Ink Cartridge – Pull off top halve of pen
- Pen Operation – Twist two halves of pen to extend and retract
- Weight – .9 oz
- Ink Color – Black
- Ink Cartridge Type – Cross Style
- Includes case shown in photo for display or gifting
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of my ink pens are handcrafted on a lathe in my shop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- All pens will ship within 24 - 48 hours
- Each ink pen is unique; no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art.
- All of our wood products are purchased through legally licensed providers that provide exotic woods from sustainable forest product areas.
Ink Pen Crafting Process
The ink pen is constructed first by hand selecting each piece and then cutting, drilling and turning the pen to its final shape on a lathe. The pen is then sanded 7 times with progressively finer grits (150, 220, 320, 400, 600, and 800) of sandpaper, to achieve a very smooth surface and a diameter tolerance of .001 - .002 in, for a smooth transition with the metal parts. Wood pens then have 10 coats of finish applied and the ink pen is sanded again 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits to a high shine or satin finish. Acrylic and Tru-Stone pens are sanded 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits for a high shine and then a polish is added
Materials: acrylic, metal, gunmetal.