Dragon Ballpoint Pen, Handcrafted in Antique Brass with Green and Yellow Buckeye Burl
This beautifully sculpted Dragon ink pen makes the perfect gift for any Dragon lover. Great attention is given to the exquisite details of the dragon. The clip is a full body, mighty crouching Chinese dragon. The band features a dragon claw grasping the center - a sign of strength and willpower. The pen tip and end cap are covered in the armored scales of the dragon; scales can be seen as a sign of protection. And the Tigers Eye crystal on the end, known to be very effective for instilling courage, strength of will and self-confidence - gripped in place by additional talons. Pen includes an upgraded, Schmidt Easy-Flow Parker style refill, for a smooth writing performance. This ink pen was individually handcrafted through a long process and is one of a kind. The Wood, Green and Yellow Dyed Buckeye Burl, has been turned, sanded and coated with 10 layers of finish and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable. Handcrafted Pen, ships in Premium Black Leatherette Pen Gift Box with instructions for use. These elegant gift boxes feature leatherette materials that are stitched along all exterior edges. This box has a rich soft touch covering and the interior is lined with a suede-like fabric.
Handcrafted Dragon Pens Antique Brass Plating
Antiqued brass components have a brass, copper or zinc base with a brass plating. The components are then darkened to give them a "distressed" (oxidized) appearance. The authentic patina and natural darkening brings out the details of the finish and creates a unique feel with a charm all its own.
Handmade Dragon Pens Green and Yellow Buckeye Burl
Buckeye Burl looks great as a clear wood in its natural state and also takes colored dyes well. The results are some stunning colored wood that looks fantastic on our pens.
In its natural color, Buckeye Burl is an unusual species. Colors range from blue-black to golden whites with a nice mixture in between. Buckeye is a very difficult and expensive wood to mill. Buckeye burl is highly prized for the beautiful pattern of burl eyes, swirls and other figure.
Dragon Ink Pen Features and Specs
- Ink Pen Type – Ballpoint
- Pen Type Operation – Twist
- Fittings – Antique Brass Finish
- Material – Wood – Dyed Buckeye Burl
- Color – Greens and Blues with some Cream
- Length – 5-3/4 in
- Width (measured at point of finger contact) - .558 in
- Replacing Ink Cartridge – Unscrew upper barrel of pen
- Pen Operation – Twist top and bottom halves to extend and retract
- Weight – 2.6 oz
- Ink Color – Black Ballpoint
- Ink Cartridge Type – Upgraded, Schmidt Easy-Flow Parker style refill
- Includes pen case shown in photo for display or gifting
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of my ink pens are handcrafted on a lathe in my shop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- All pens will ship within 24 - 48 hours
- Each ink pen is unique; no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art.
- All of our wood products are purchased through legally licensed providers that provide exotic woods from sustainable forest product areas.
Ink Pen Crafting Process
The Dragon ink pen is constructed first by hand selecting each piece and then cutting, drilling and turning the pen to its final shape on a lathe. The pen is then sanded 7 times with progressively finer grits (150, 220, 320, 400, 600, and 800) of sandpaper, to achieve a very smooth surface and a diameter tolerance of .001 - .002 in, for a smooth transition with the metal parts. Wood pens then have 10 coats of finish applied and the ink pen is sanded again 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits to a high shine or satin finish. Acrylic and Tru-Stone pens are sanded 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits for a high shine and then a polish is added.
Materials: antique brass, buckeye burl, metal, wood, black ink.