Dragon Pen, Handmade in Antique Nickel and Laguna Dragon Acrylic
This beautifully sculpted Dragon ink pen makes the perfect gift for any Dragon lover. Great attention is given to the exquisite details of the dragon. The clip is a full body, mighty crouching Chinese dragon. The pen tip and end cap are covered in fine scrolling. Pen includes an upgraded, Schmidt Easy-Flow Parker style refill, for a smooth writing performance. This ink pen was individually handcrafted through a long process and is one of a kind. The Acrylic material, Laguna Dragon, has been turned, sanded and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable. Handcrafted Pen ships in Premium Black Leatherette Pen Gift Box with instructions for use. These elegant gift boxes feature leatherette materials that are stitched along all exterior edges. This box has a rich soft touch covering and the interior is lined with a suede-like fabric.
Handcrafted Antique Nickel Dragon Pen Plating
Antiqued nickel plated components have bright nickel-colored plating that allows all the fine detail work on a pen to stand out. The Antique Nickel finish is formulated to simulate the sophisticated sheen of nickel plating. The authentic patina and bright satin finish brings out the details of the finish and creates a unique feel of old and new with a charm all its own.
Handmade Dragon Pens Acrylic Finish
The Ink Pens color, Laguna Dragon, is a tough form of plastic for pens. No two pens are ever alike, as the acrylic is molded and the colors and patterns are mixed throughout. The acrylic material has been turned, sanded and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable.
Dragon Ink Pen Features and Specs
- Ink Pen Type – Ballpoint
- Pen Type Operation – Twist
- Fittings – Antique Nickel Finish
- Material – Acrylic – Laguna Dragon
- Color – Turquoise Blue with Dragon Scale Markings and Iridescence
- Length – 5-3/8 in
- Width (measured at point of finger contact) - .540 in
- Replacing Ink Cartridge – Pull upper barrel off of pen tip
- Pen Operation – Twist top and bottom halves to extend and retract
- Weight – 2.1 oz
- Ink Color – Black Ballpoint
- Ink Cartridge Type – Upgraded, Schmidt Easy-Flow Parker style refill
- Includes case shown in photo for display or gifting
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of my ink pens are handcrafted on a lathe in my shop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- All pens will ship within 24 - 48 hours
- Each ink pen is unique; no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art.
- All of our wood products are purchased through legally licensed providers that provide exotic woods from sustainable forest product areas.
Ink Pen Crafting Process
The Dragon ink pen is constructed first by hand selecting each piece and then cutting, drilling and turning the pen to its final shape on a lathe. The pen is then sanded 7 times with progressively finer grits (150, 220, 320, 400, 600, and 800) of sandpaper, to achieve a very smooth surface and a diameter tolerance of .001 - .002 in, for a smooth transition with the metal parts. Wood pens then have 10 coats of finish applied and the ink pen is sanded again 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits to a high shine or satin finish. Acrylic and Tru-Stone pens are sanded 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits for a high shine and then a polish is added.
Materials: antique nickel, acrylic, metal, nickel, black ink.