Dragon Pen, Handmade Ballpoint Pen in Antique Pewter with Pine Cones and Acrylic
NOTE: This pen has been left without the high gloss finish so I could leave the grain slightly raised to the touch. They feel like scales and the whole affect adds to the dragon look. There are minute crevices (which are sealed in the finish) that also add to the look and feel of scales. If you want a high gloss and a perfectly smooth pen this one is not for you.
This beautifully sculpted Dragon ink pen makes the perfect gift for any Dragon lover. Great attention is given to the exquisite details of the dragon. The clip is a full body, mighty crouching Chinese dragon. The band features a dragon claw grasping the center - a sign of strength and willpower. The pen tip and end cap are covered in the armored scales of the dragon; scales can be seen as a sign of protection. And the Tigers Eye crystal on the end, known to be very effective for instilling courage, strength of will and self-confidence - gripped in place by additional talons. Pen includes an upgraded, Schmidt Easy-Flow Parker style refill, for a smooth writing performance. This ink pen was individually handcrafted through a long process and is one of a kind. The Acrylic and Pine Cone material, Red and White Pine Cones, has been turned, sanded and polished to a satin shine that is extremely beautiful and durable. Handcrafted Pen ships in Premium Black Leatherette Pen Gift Box with instructions for use. These elegant gift boxes feature leatherette materials that are stitched along all exterior edges. This box has a rich soft touch covering and the interior is lined with a suede-like fabric.
Antique Pewter Dragon Pen Plating
Antiqued pewter plated components have pewter-colored plating that has been darkened to provide a "distressed" (oxidized) appearance. This usually gives the pen an aged matte look. Antique Pewter finish is formulated to simulate the sophisticated sheen of time-worn pewter. The authentic patina and natural darkening brings out the details of the finish and creates a unique feel with a charm all its own.
Dragon Pens Acrylic and Pine Cones
These special mini pine cones are placed into a colorful mix of swirling Alumilite resin. The Red and White resin is infused into the pine cones to make a beautiful and one of a kind pen. The acrylic material has been turned, sanded and polished to a satin shine that is extremely beautiful and durable.
Dragon Ink Pen Features and Specs
- Ink Pen Type – Ballpoint
- Pen Type Operation – Twist
- Fittings – Antique Pewter Finish
- Material – Acrylic and Mini Pine Cones
- Color – Brown Pine Cones with Red and White Acrylic
- Length – 5-3/4 in
- Width (measured at point of finger contact) - .558 in
- Replacing Ink Cartridge – Unscrew upper barrel of pen
- Pen Operation – Twist top and bottom halves to extend and retract
- Weight – 2.7 oz
- Ink Color – Black Ballpoint
- Ink Cartridge Type – Upgraded, Schmidt Easy-Flow Parker style refill
- Includes case shown in photo for display or gifting
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of my ink pens are handcrafted on a lathe in my shop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- All pens will ship within 24 - 48 hours
- Each ink pen is unique; no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art.
- All of our wood products are purchased through legally licensed providers that provide exotic woods from sustainable forest product areas.
Ink Pen Crafting Process
The Dragon ink pen is constructed first by hand selecting each piece and then cutting, drilling and turning the pen to its final shape on a lathe. The pen is then sanded 7 times with progressively finer grits (150, 220, 320, 400, 600, and 800) of sandpaper, to achieve a very smooth surface and a diameter tolerance of .001 - .002 in, for a smooth transition with the metal parts. Wood pens then have 10 coats of finish applied and the ink pen is sanded again 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits to a high shine or satin finish. Acrylic and Tru-Stone pens are sanded 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits for a high shine and then a polish is added.
Materials: Antique Pewter, Pine Cones, Acrylic, pewter, wood, metal, black ink.