Ergonomic Pen, Handmade Ballpoint Pen in Black Titanium and Fire Opal Acrylic
Elegant contours set this pen apart from any other ballpoint pen, giving this pen a soft feel and beautiful appearance. The tip of the pen is softly indented which makes the pen very easy to hold and comfortable to write with. The pen is well balanced and includes an upgraded Parker style, Schmidt Easy-Flow refill. The Acrylic material, Fire Opal, has been turned, sanded and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable. Handcrafted Pen ships in Premium Black Leatherette Pen Gift Box with instructions for use. These elegant gift boxes feature leatherette materials that are stitched along all exterior edges. This box has a rich soft touch covering and the interior is lined with a suede-like fabric.
Ergonomic Ink Pens Black TI Plating
Titanium is versatile, lightweight and strong, this metal is as strong as steel but is 45% lighter in weight, and is similar to platinum in its resistance to tarnishing. Titanium's strength, durability, and lustrous beauty make it an ideal choice for pens that are subject to daily wear.
Titanium Oxide is the hardest metal available for pen coatings. Its only "down" side is that it has a dark smoky color rather than the bright brilliance of platinum and rhodium. With the appropriate pen style and body, this can give a very dramatic and rich appearance.
Handcrafted Ink Pens Fire Opal Acrylic
These ink pens shimmer with a reflective fire that seems to emanate from within. Impossible to photo, the Opal FX will draw your eye to it like no other pen out there! This pen material is the Fire Opal FX, a vibrant pinkish red, with large flashes of teals, magentas oranges and gold’s.
Ink Pens Features and Specs
- Pen Type – Ballpoint
- Pen Type Operation – Twist
- Fittings – Black TI
- Material – Acrylic – Fire Opal
- Color – Vibrant pinkish red, with large flashes of teals, magentas oranges and gold’s
- Length – 5-1/4 inch
- Width (measured at point of finger contact) - .392 inch
- Weight – 1.3 oz
- Replacing Ink Cartridge – Unscrew tip
- Pen Operation – Twist pen to extend and retract
- Ink Color – Black Ballpoint
- Ink Cartridge Type – Upgraded, Schmidt Easy-Flow Parker style refill
- Includes case shown in photo for display or gifting
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of my ink pens are handcrafted on a lathe in my shop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- All pens will ship within 24 - 48 hours
- Each ink pen is unique; no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art.
- All of our wood products are purchased through legally licensed providers that provide exotic woods from sustainable forest product areas.
Ink Pen Crafting Process
The Contour Grip ink pen is constructed first by hand selecting each piece and then cutting, drilling and turning the pen to its final shape on a lathe. The pen is then sanded 7 times with progressively finer grits (150, 220, 320, 400, 600, and 800) of sandpaper, to achieve a very smooth surface and a diameter tolerance of .001 - .002 in, for a smooth transition with the metal parts. Wood pens then have 10 coats of finish applied and the ink pen is sanded again 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits to a high shine or satin finish. Acrylic and Tru-Stone pens are sanded 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits for a high shine and then a polish is added.
Materials: opal, black ti, metal, acrylic.