Ergonomic Pen, Handmade Ballpoint Pen in Gold Tinanium and Chiyogami-Yuzen Acrylic
Elegant contours set this pen apart from any other ballpoint pen, giving this pen a soft feel and beautiful appearance. The tip of the pen is softly indented which makes the pen very easy to hold and comfortable to write with. The pen is well balanced and includes an upgraded Parker style, Schmidt Easy-Flow refill. The Acrylic material, Chiyogami-Yuzen, has been turned, sanded and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable. Handcrafted Pen ships in Premium Black Leatherette Pen Gift Box with instructions for use. These elegant gift boxes feature leatherette materials that are stitched along all exterior edges. This box has a rich soft touch covering and the interior is lined with a suede-like fabric.
Ergonomic Ink Pens Gold TI Plating
(TN) Titanium Gold - Titanium is versatile, lightweight and strong, this metal is as strong as steel but is 45% lighter in weight, and is similar to platinum in its resistance to tarnishing. Titanium's strength, durability, and lustrous beauty make it an ideal choice for pens that are subject to daily wear.
This method produces the most durable plating. This process is called PVD (particle vapor deposition). Titanium nitride matched to the color of the gold is molecularly bonded to the part and then 24K gold is bonded (sputtered) on the part to achieve a color match to our other gold parts. The parts are again re-plated after this. The final result is that the parts will virtually never wear.
Handcrafted Ink Pens Chiyogami-Yuzen Acrylic
Chiyogami-Yuzen is a special type of Art Paper from Japan and is synonymous with Japanese style and quality. The brilliant and intense color patterns with gold metallic overlay are silkscreened by hand. Inspired by Kimono fabric, each design is painstakingly crafted by small artisan shops across Japan. Many of these accomplished paper artisans are considered to be living Japanese national treasures.
To make the pen, the Chiyogami-Yuzen art paper is cut, applied to the tube and then cast in crystal clear Alumilite resin to produce the beautiful seamless ink pen that you see
Ink Pens Features and Specs
- Pen Type – Ballpoint
- Pen Type Operation – Twist
- Fittings – Gold TI
- Material – Acrylic – Chiyogami-Yuzen
- Color – Multi-Colored Design
- Length – 5-1/4 inch
- Width (measured at point of finger contact) - .392 inch
- Weight – 1.4 oz
- Replacing Ink Cartridge – Unscrew tip
- Pen Operation – Twist pen to extend and retract
- Ink Color – Black Ballpoint
- Ink Cartridge Type – Upgraded, Schmidt Easy-Flow Parker style refill
- Includes case shown in photo for display or gifting
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of my ink pens are handcrafted on a lathe in my shop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- All pens will ship within 24 - 48 hours
- Each ink pen is unique; no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art.
- All of our wood products are purchased through legally licensed providers that provide exotic woods from sustainable forest product areas.
Ink Pen Crafting Process
The Contour Grip ink pen is constructed first by hand selecting each piece and then cutting, drilling and turning the pen to its final shape on a lathe. The pen is then sanded 7 times with progressively finer grits (150, 220, 320, 400, 600, and 800) of sandpaper, to achieve a very smooth surface and a diameter tolerance of .001 - .002 in, for a smooth transition with the metal parts. Wood pens then have 10 coats of finish applied and the ink pen is sanded again 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits to a high shine or satin finish. Acrylic and Tru-Stone pens are sanded 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits for a high shine and then a polish is added.
Materials: acrylic, gold, japan art paper, metal, Chiyogami.