Ergonomic Pen, Handmade Ballpoint Pen in Platinum and Frost Opal Acrylic
Elegant contours set this pen apart from any other ballpoint pen, giving this pen a soft feel and beautiful appearance. The tip of the pen is softly indented which makes the pen very easy to hold and comfortable to write with. The pen is well balanced and includes an upgraded Parker style, Schmidt Easy-Flow refill. The Acrylic material, Frost Opal, has been turned, sanded and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable. Handcrafted Pen ships in Premium Black Leatherette Pen Gift Box with instructions for use. These elegant gift boxes feature leatherette materials that are stitched along all exterior edges. This box has a rich soft touch covering and the interior is lined with a suede-like fabric.
Ergonomic Ink Pens Platinum Plating
Platinum is extremely durable. It's shiny and beautiful, but it's also a metal that will last for generations.
Possibly natures most brilliant and durable precious metal, Platinum is used by the world’s premier pen manufacturers to plate their very finest pens. Platinum has a soft white hue. It's 30 times rarer than gold (which means it's more expensive), 40% heavier than 14K gold and platinum will not tarnish or oxidize, however it ages beautifully by developing a lustrous patina.
Platinum sells for as much as $1,500.00 per troy ounce and it is unmatched in brilliance and durability. The Rhodium and Platinum plating on my pens will last a lifetime.
Handcrafted Ink Pens Frost Opal Acrylic
These ink pens shimmer with a reflective fire that seems to emanate from within. Impossible to photo, the Opal FX will draw your eye to it like no other pen out there! This pen material is the Frost Opal FX, a light periwinkle blue, with large flashes of teals, salmons, pinks, and gold’s.
Ink Pens Features and Specs
- Pen Type – Ballpoint
- Pen Type Operation – Twist
- Fittings – Black TI
- Material – Acrylic – Frost Opal
- Color – Light periwinkle blue, with large flashes of teals, salmons, pinks, and gold’s.
- Length – 5-1/4 inch
- Width (measured at point of finger contact) - .392 inch
- Weight – 1.3 oz
- Replacing Ink Cartridge – Unscrew tip
- Pen Operation – Twist pen to extend and retract
- Ink Color – Black Ballpoint
- Ink Cartridge Type – Upgraded, Schmidt Easy-Flow Parker style refill
- Includes case shown in photo for display or gifting
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of my ink pens are handcrafted on a lathe in my shop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- All pens will ship within 24 - 48 hours
- Each ink pen is unique; no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art.
- All of our wood products are purchased through legally licensed providers that provide exotic woods from sustainable forest product areas.
Ink Pen Crafting Process
The Contour Grip ink pen is constructed first by hand selecting each piece and then cutting, drilling and turning the pen to its final shape on a lathe. The pen is then sanded 7 times with progressively finer grits (150, 220, 320, 400, 600, and 800) of sandpaper, to achieve a very smooth surface and a diameter tolerance of .001 - .002 in, for a smooth transition with the metal parts. Wood pens then have 10 coats of finish applied and the ink pen is sanded again 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits to a high shine or satin finish. Acrylic and Tru-Stone pens are sanded 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits for a high shine and then a polish is added.
Materials: opal, acrylic, metal, platinum.