Ergonomic Ink Pen, Unique Ergonomic Design, Handmade in Dark Coffee and Satin Chrome with Blue Pearl Acrylic
A unique pen design, the ultimate in comfortable and enjoyable writing. The front section is a unique three-sided shape somewhat like an indented triangle. This creates an extremely comfortable grip surface. The shape itself is very interesting and pleasing to look-at-this blends together with the rest of the pen creates a very nice looking pen. Ink Pen is Durable and has an extremely smooth pen mechanism. You will find the ink pen has an ideal weight and balance to it and also gives smooth writing with a Parker style refill. The Acrylic material, Blue Pearl, has been turned, sanded and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable. Pen ships with instructions for use in a hard clear topped case for protection or gift giving.
Ink Pens Dark Coffee/Satin Chrome Plating
Dark Titanium Coffee, This is a unique and new Plating and boasts a rich, Smokey matte coffee look. It is extremely durable.
Satin series pens undergo a special plating process that produces a matte finish that features a slight texture that looks and feels great. This popular plating offers a unique alternative to traditional plating.
Ink Pens Acrylic
The Ink Pens color, Blue Pearl, is a tough form of plastic for pens. No two pens are ever alike, as the acrylic is molded and the colors and patterns are mixed throughout. The acrylic material has been turned, sanded and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable.
Ink Pens Features and Specs
- Pen Type – Ballpoint
- Pen Type Operation – Twist
- Fittings – Dark Coffee and Satin Chrome
- Material – Acrylic – Blue Pearl
- Color – Pearl and hints of Blue with Iridescence
- Length – 5-1/4 inch
- Width (measured at point of finger contact) - .435 inch
- Weight – 1.4 oz
- Replacing Ink Cartridge – Unscrew at Center
- Pen Operation – Twist pen to extend and retract
- Ink Color – Black Ballpoint
- Ink Cartridge Type – Parker style refill
- Includes case shown in photo for display or gifting
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of my ink pens are handcrafted on a lathe in my shop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- All pens will ship within 24 - 48 hours
- Each ink pen is unique; no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art.
- All of our wood products are purchased through legally licensed providers that provide exotic woods from sustainable forest product areas.
Ink Pen Crafting Process
The Contour Grip ink pen is constructed first by hand selecting each piece and then cutting, drilling and turning the pen to its final shape on a lathe. The pen is then sanded 7 times with progressively finer grits (150, 220, 320, 400, 600, and 800) of sandpaper, to achieve a very smooth surface and a diameter tolerance of .001 - .002 in, for a smooth transition with the metal parts. Wood pens then have 10 coats of finish applied and the ink pen is sanded again 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits to a high shine or satin finish. Acrylic and Tru-Stone pens are sanded 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits for a high shine and then a polish is added.
Materials: satin chrome, acrylic, metal, dark coffee, pearl.