Religious Pen, Handmade Ballpoint Pen in Olivewood and Antique Pewter
"Faith" "Hope" and "Love" are intricately cast into the center band and the pen top features attractive cross designs. The Cross on the tips and clips are reference to the Fleur-de-lis. In the Middle Ages the symbols of lily and Fleur-de-lis overlapped considerably in Christian religious art. The three petals of the heraldic design reflect a widespread association with the Holy Trinity. Here we are using the three to symbolize the virtues of Faith, Hope and Love.
The braided rope detail reinforces the concept of trinity, with a braided rope being made from three separate stands into something much stronger. This Faith Inspired ink pen was individually handcrafted through a long process and is one of a kind. The Bethlehem Olivewood has been turned, sanded and coated with 10 layers of finish and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable. Handcrafted Pen ships in Premium Black Leatherette Pen Gift Box with instructions for use. These elegant gift boxes feature leatherette materials that are stitched along all exterior edges. This box has a rich soft touch covering and the interior is lined with a suede-like fabric.
Ink Pens Antique Pewter Plating
Antiqued pewter plated components have a pewter-colored plating that has been darkened to provide a "distressed" (oxidized) appearance. This usually gives the pen an aged matte look. Antique Pewter finish is formulated to simulate the sophisticated sheen of time-worn pewter. The authentic patina and natural darkening brings out the details of the finish and creates a unique feel with a charm all its own.
Faith Ink Pen Bethlehem Olivewood Finish
Bethlehem Olive Wood - Handcrafted pen includes a certificate of authenticity; the certificate assures you that this is authentic Bethlehem Holy Land Olive Wood – a natural raw material. This wood comes from pruning of the young trees, the sprouts from the trunks of old trees, and unproductive trees. Your pen is a product made of authentic Olive Wood from the holy city of Bethlehem in Israel. The wood is from trees which have been bearing fruit since the time of the Romans. No trees were damaged or destroyed in the process of harvesting this Olive Wood.
Handcrafted Faith Ink Pens Features and Specs
- Ink Pen Type – Ballpoint
- Pen Type Operation – Twist
- Fittings – Antique Pewter Finish
- Material – Wood – Certified Bethlehem Olive Wood
- Color – Creams and Browns
- Length – 5-1/2 in
- Width (measured at point of finger contact) - .462 in
- Replacing Ink Cartridge – Unscrew top halve of pen
- Pen Operation – Twist top halve to extend and retract
- Weight – 1.6 oz
- Ink Color – Black Ballpoint
- Ink Cartridge Type – Upgraded, Schmidt Easy-Flow Parker style refill
- Includes case shown in photo for display or gifting
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of my ink pens are handcrafted on a lathe in my shop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- All pens will ship within 24 - 48 hours
- Each ink pen is unique; no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art.
- All of our wood products are purchased through legally licensed providers that provide exotic woods from sustainable forest product areas.
Handcrafted Ink Pens Crafting Process
The Faith ink pen is constructed first by hand selecting each piece and then cutting, drilling and turning the pen to its final shape on a lathe. The pen is then sanded 7 times with progressively finer grits (150, 220, 320, 400, 600, and 800) of sandpaper, to achieve a very smooth surface and a diameter tolerance of .001 - .002 in, for a smooth transition with the metal parts. Wood pens then have 10 coats of finish applied and the ink pen is sanded again 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits to a high shine or satin finish. Acrylic and Tru-Stone pens are sanded 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits for a high shine and then a polish is added
Materials: olivewood, antique pewter, Bethlehem Olive Wood, pewter.