Filigree Style Pen Handmade Ballpoint Pen with Satin Gold over Satin Chrome and Black Ash Burl
Ink pen features an intricately detailed steampunk effect over the two-tone metal plated upper barrel. This twist style ink pen was individually handcrafted through a long process and is one of a kind. The Black Ash Burl, has been turned, sanded and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable. Handcrafted Pen ships in Premium Black Leatherette Pen Gift Box with instructions for use. These elegant gift boxes feature leatherette materials that are stitched along all exterior edges. This box has a rich soft touch covering and the interior is lined with a suede-like fabric.
Handcrafted Filigree Style Ink Pens Plating
Satin series pens undergo a special plating process that produces a matte finish that features a slight texture that looks and feels great. This popular plating offers a unique alternative to traditional plating.
Twist Ink Pens Black Ash Burl Finish
Black Ash comes from northern swampy woodlands. It is fairly rare as it is difficult to locate and harvest these burls. Black Ash burl tends to have strong, high contrast bird’s eyes and fiddle back grain patterns.
Handmade Twist Ink Pen Features and Specs
- Ink Pen Type – Ballpoint
- Pen Type Operation – Twist
- Pen Operation – Twist two halves to operate pen
- Fittings – Satin Gold and Satin Chrome
- Material – Wood – Black Ash Burl
- Color – Cream, Tan and Brown
- Length – 5-3/8 in
- Width (measured at point of finger contact) - .475 in
- Replacing Ink Cartridge – Unscrew Top Halve
- Weight – 1.5 oz
- Ink Color – Black Ballpoint
- Ink Cartridge Type – Parker style refill
- Includes case shown in photo for display or gifting
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of my ink pens are handcrafted on a lathe in my shop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- All pens will ship within 24 - 48 hours
- Each ink pen is unique; no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art.
- All of our wood products are purchased through legally licensed providers that provide exotic woods from sustainable forest product areas.
Ink Pen Crafting Process
The Filigree ink pen is constructed first by hand selecting each piece and then cutting, drilling and turning the pen to its final shape on a lathe. The pen is then sanded 7 times with progressively finer grits (150, 220, 320, 400, 600, and 800) of sandpaper, to achieve a very smooth surface and a diameter tolerance of .001 - .002 in, for a smooth transition with the metal parts. Wood pens then have 10 coats of finish applied and the ink pen is sanded again 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits to a high shine or satin finish. Acrylic and Tru-Stone pens are sanded 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits for a high shine and then a polish is added.
Materials: satin gold, satin chrome, black ash burl, burl, wood, metal.