Fountain Pen, Handcrafted in Rhodium with Italian Resin
Medium sized fountain pen has a clean sleek design that never goes out of style. Components are plated with extremely durable Rhodium. Fountain Pen has a regal center band for a more decorative and timeless look. This fountain ink pen was individually handcrafted through a long process and is one of a kind. The imported Italian Resin Azure, has been turned, sanded and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable. Handcrafted pen, ships in Premium Black Leatherette Pen Gift Box with instructions for use. These elegant gift boxes feature leatherette materials that are stitched along all exterior edges. This box has a rich soft touch covering and the interior is lined with a suede-like fabric.
Handmade Fountain Pens Rhodium Plating
Rhodium is a member of the platinum family of metals. This writing instrument is plated with rhodium, an exquisite and valuable precious metal from the Rhodium chemical group. Rhodium's brilliance, hardness, and beauty make it a favorite of fine pen makers and collectors. Rhodium is extremely durable; it resists tarnish and is very resistant to scratching, and acids. It is often the plating of choice on high end pens.
Handcrafted Fountain Pens Imported Italian Acrylic
This imported Italian acrylic was used by the famous British pen manufacturer Conway Stewart in their pens. The Resin has an intense depth and richness of color! They polish to an amazing shine. It is a quality material that you can see and feel!
To be clear, this is NEW material, manufactured at the Italian factory Conway Stewart used, to the exact "recipe" that was used for Conway Stewart. It has become available to us since Conway Stewart has gone out of business; the factory is free to sell the same material to us.
This is the same material that has been used on $500 dollar plus pens..
Handcrafted Fountain Pens Features and Specs
- Ink Pen Type – Fountain Pen
- Pen Type Operation – Unscrew Cap
- Pen Operation – Unscrew cap and post onto other end
- Fittings – Rhodium with Black Accents
- Material – Italian Acrylic – Blue and White
- Color – Green, Purple and Pearl with iridescence
- Length Capped – 5-1/8 in >
- Length Uncapped – 4-9/16 in
- Length Posted – 6-1/8 in
- Width (measured at point of finger contact) - .325 in
- Replacing Ink Cartridge – Unscrew tip
- Weight – 1.4 oz
- Includes (2) each ink cartridges – Black, Blue and Red
- Ink Cartridge Type – Waterman Style
- Includes a refillable ink pump
- Includes pen case shown in photo for display or gifting
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of my ink pens are handcrafted on a lathe in my shop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- All pens will ship within 24 - 48 hours
- Each ink pen is unique; no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art.
- All of our wood products are purchased through legally licensed providers that provide exotic woods from sustainable forest product areas.
Ink Pen Crafting Process
The Fountain pen is constructed first by hand selecting each piece and then cutting, drilling and turning the pen to its final shape on a lathe. The pen is then sanded 7 times with progressively finer grits (150, 220, 320, 400, 600, and 800) of sandpaper, to achieve a very smooth surface and a diameter tolerance of .001 - .002 in, for a smooth transition with the metal parts. Wood pens then have 10 coats of finish applied and the ink pen is sanded again 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits to a high shine or satin finish. Acrylic and Tru-Stone pens are sanded 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits for a high shine and then a polish is added
Materials: rhodium, italian resin, metal, acrylic.