Fountain Pen, Handmade Pen in Rhodium and Black Titanium with Acrylic and Walnut
Larger sized fountain pen is the highest quality pen I currently make. Components are plated with extremely durable Rhodium and Black Ti. Fountain Pen has a detailed center band for a more decorative and elegant look. This fountain ink pen was individually handcrafted through a long process and is one of a kind. The Wood and Acrylic material has been turned, sanded and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable. Pen Includes a handsome laminated wood pen box. Pen box has an acrylic viewing window and seven layers of glossy lacquer. Great for display or gifting.
We are pleased to offer the Heritance steel nibs. Like their 18 karat gold "rich cousins", these nibs are made by the largest nib manufacturer in the world. The quill pen and inkwell motif lends an air of exquisite customization not often found in steel nibs. They were designed by a pen maker specifically to fit the feeds of the pens that I make. Fountain Pen comes with a medium point installed and also includes a fine point nib.
Handcrafted Fountain Pens Rhodium and Black Ti Plating
Rhodium is a member of the platinum family of metals. This writing instrument is plated with rhodium, an exquisite and valuable precious metal from the Rhodium chemical group. Rhodium's brilliance, hardness, and beauty make it a favorite of fine pen makers and collectors. Rhodium is extremely durable; it resists tarnish and is very resistant to scratching, and acids. It is often the plating of choice on high end pens.
Black Ti - Titanium is versatile, lightweight and strong, this metal is as strong as steel but is 45% lighter in weight, and is similar to platinum in its resistance to tarnishing. Titanium's strength, durability, and lustrous beauty make it an ideal choice for pens that are subject to daily wear.
Titanium Oxide is the hardest metal available for pen coatings. Its only "down" side is that it has a dark smoky color rather than the bright brilliance of platinum and rhodium. With the appropriate pen style and body, this can give a very dramatic and rich appearance.
Handmade Fountain Pens Acrylic and Wood Finish
The pen material is made by casting Acrylic and Wood together.
The result is a stunning design that is always one of a kind. This pen has been cast with Black Ice Acrylic and Figured Walnut. The acrylic and wood material has been turned, sanded and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable.
Handcrafted Fountain Pens Features and Specs
- Ink Pen Type – Fountain Pen
- Pen Type Operation – Unscrew Cap
- Pen Operation – Unscrew cap and post onto other end
- Fittings – Rhodium and Black Ti
- Material – Acrylic – Black Ice and Wood – Figured Walnut
- Color – Brown, Tan, White and Orange
- Length Capped – 5-1/8 in
- Length Uncapped – 4-7/8 in
- Length Posted – 6-3/8 in
- Width (measured at point of finger contact) - .355 in
- Replacing Ink Cartridge – Unscrew tip
- Weight – 1.6 oz
- Includes (2) each ink cartridges – Black, Blue and Red
- Ink Cartridge Type – Waterman Style
- Includes a refillable ink pump
- Fountain Pen has a medium tip installed and also includes a fine tip
- Includes Pen Box in photo
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of my ink pens are handcrafted on a lathe in my shop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- All pens will ship within 24 - 48 hours
- Each ink pen is unique; no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art.
- All of our wood products are purchased through legally licensed providers that provide exotic woods from sustainable forest product areas.
Ink Pen Crafting Process
The Fountain pen is constructed first by hand selecting each piece and then cutting, drilling and turning the pen to its final shape on a lathe. The pen is then sanded 7 times with progressively finer grits (150, 220, 320, 400, 600, and 800) of sandpaper, to achieve a very smooth surface and a diameter tolerance of .001 - .002 in, for a smooth transition with the metal parts. Wood pens then have 10 coats of finish applied and the ink pen is sanded again 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits to a high shine or satin finish. Acrylic and Tru-Stone pens are sanded 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits for a high shine and then a polish is added
Materials: rhodium, black Ti, figured walnut, wood, acrylic, walnut.