Fountain Pen, Handmade Patriotic Pen, in Antique Brass and Patriot Acrylic
The fountain pen top features an etched U.SA and laurel leaf stamp. The pen end features a laurel leaf; a symbol of victory and a popular motif in the Federal style of architecture. Also on the tip and end are Doric column influenced designs, which appear on many American government buildings and monuments. Finally, God Bless America is intricately etched into the pen band. This Handcrafted pen has been meticulously turned, sanded to12000 grit, polished and assembled by hand. Fountain Pen ships in Premium Black Leatherette Pen Gift Box with instructions for use. These elegant gift boxes feature leatherette materials that are stitched along all exterior edges. This box has a rich soft touch covering and the interior is lined with a suede-like fabric.
Fountain Pens Antique Brass Plating
Antiqued brass components have a brass, copper or zinc base with a brass plating. The components are then darkened to give them a "distressed" (oxidized) appearance. The authentic patina and natural darkening brings out the details of the finish and creates a unique feel with a charm all its own.
Fountain Pens Acrylic Finish
The Ink Pens color, Patriot, is a tough form of plastic for pens. No two pens are ever alike, as the acrylic is molded and the colors and patterns are mixed throughout. The acrylic material has been turned, sanded and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable.
Handcrafted Fountain Pens Features and Specs
- Ink Pen Type – Fountain Pen
- Pen Operation – Unscrew cap and screw onto other end
- Fittings – Antique Brass
- Material – Acrylic – Patriot
- Color – Blue with White and Red Lines with Iridescence
- Length Capped – 5-7/16 in
- Length Uncapped – 4-13/16 in
- Width (measured at point of finger contact) - .339 in
- Replacing Ink Cartridge – Unscrew tip
- Weight – 1.6 oz
- Ink Color – Black
- Includes (6) ink cartridges, two of each, Black, Blue, Red
- Ink Cartridge Type – Waterman Style
- Includes a refillable ink pump
- Includes case shown in photo for display or gifting
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of my ink pens are handcrafted on a lathe in my shop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- All pens will ship within 24 - 48 hours
- Each ink pen is unique; no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art.
- All of our wood products are purchased through legally licensed providers that provide exotic woods from sustainable forest product areas.
Handcrafted Pens Crafting Process
The Patriotic Fountain pen is constructed first by hand selecting each piece and then cutting, drilling and turning the pen to its final shape on a lathe. The pen is then sanded 7 times with progressively finer grits (150, 220, 320, 400, 600, and 800) of sandpaper, to achieve a very smooth surface and a diameter tolerance of .001 - .002 in, for a smooth transition with the metal parts. Wood pens then have 10 coats of finish applied and the ink pen is sanded again 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits to a high shine or satin finish. Acrylic and Tru-Stone pens are sanded 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits for a high shine and then a polish is added
Materials: antique brass, acrylic, brass, Patriot Acrylic.