Gothic Pen, Handmade Ballpoint Pen in with Antique Pewter and Masur Birch Wood
The design of this gorgeous pen is based on Venetian Gothic, a style originating in 14th century Venice. The cap features bands of small pointed lancet arches flanking larger, more teardrop shaped Moorish influenced arches. The pen tip also features the lancet arches while the pen top includes a qua-trefoil window design. The pen is constructed from heavy-duty components that provide a bit of heft and a substantial writing feel. Pen includes an upgraded, Schmidt Easy-Flow Parker style refill, for a smooth writing performance. This ballpoint ink pen was individually handcrafted through a long process and is one of a kind. The Masur Birch has been turned, sanded and coated with 10 layers of finish and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable. Handcrafted Pen ships in Premium Black Leatherette Pen Gift Box with instructions for use. These elegant gift boxes feature leatherette materials that are stitched along all exterior edges. This box has a rich soft touch covering and the interior is lined with a suede-like fabric.
Venetian Ink Pen Antique Pewter Plating
Antiqued pewter plated components have pewter-colored plating that has been darkened to provide a "distressed" (oxidized) appearance. This usually gives the pen an aged matte look. Antique Pewter finish is formulated to simulate the sophisticated sheen of time-worn pewter. The authentic patina and natural darkening brings out the details of the finish and creates a unique feel with a charm all its own.
Venetian Gothic Ink Pens Masur Birch
Masur Birch is similar to Birdseye Maple in that it's not a species, but has a unique enough grain pattern to have its own category. The species grows throughout Europe/Asia and the finished pens are stunning. Once surmised to have been caused by the boring larvae of a certain beetle the resulting figure and appearance is very similar to burl wood or Birdseye maple, though of a different origin.
Handmade Venetian Ink Pens Features and Specs
- Pen Type – Ballpoint
- Pen Type Operation – Twist
- Fittings – Antique Pewter
- Material – Wood – Masur Birch
- Color – Creams and Browns
- Length – 5-3/4 inch
- Width (measured at point of finger contact) - .584 inch
- Weight – 2.8 oz
- Replacing Ink Cartridge – Unscrew Cap
- Pen Operation – Twist pen cap to extend and retract
- Ink Color – Black Ballpoint
- Ink Cartridge Type – Upgraded, Schmidt Easy-Flow Parker style refill
- Includes case shown in photo for display or gifting
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of my ink pens are handcrafted on a lathe in my shop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- All pens will ship within 24 - 48 hours
- Each ink pen is unique; no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art.
- All of our wood products are purchased through legally licensed providers that provide exotic woods from sustainable forest product areas.
Handcrafted Ink Pens Crafting Process
The Venetian Gothic ink pen is constructed first by hand selecting each piece and then cutting, drilling and turning the pen to its final shape on a lathe. The pen is then sanded 7 times with progressively finer grits (150, 220, 320, 400, 600, and 800) of sandpaper, to achieve a very smooth surface and a diameter tolerance of .001 - .002 in, for a smooth transition with the metal parts. Wood pens then have 10 coats of finish applied and the ink pen is sanded again 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits to a high shine or satin finish. Acrylic and Tru-Stone pens are sanded 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits for a high shine and then a polish is added.
Materials: antique pewter, pewter, masur birch, wood, Masur Birch Wood.