Ballpoint Pen, Gothic Pen in Antique Brass and Brown Mallee Burl Wood
This larger ink pen has intricately cast details with elaborate designs and the antique brass patina make this pen a real head-turner. Siam Swarovski crystals have been set into the clip and pen cap for a touch of mystique and to round out the design. The authentic look of this antique brass adds to the look and feel of an old gothic pen. This ink pen was individually handcrafted through a long process and is one of a kind. The Brown Mallee Burl has been turned, sanded and coated with 10 layers of finish and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable. Handcrafted Pen ships in Premium Black Leatherette Pen Gift Box with instructions for use. These elegant gift boxes feature leatherette materials that are stitched along all exterior edges. This box has a rich soft touch covering and the interior is lined with a suede-like fabric.
Gothic Ink Pens Antique Brass Plating
Antiqued brass components have a brass, copper or zinc base with a brass plating. The components are then darkened to give them a "distressed" (oxidized) appearance. The authentic patina and natural darkening brings out the details of the finish and creates a unique feel with a charm all its own.
Gothic Ink Pens Brown Mallee Burl
Usually smaller and shorter than trees, mallees grow multiple smaller-diameter stems from a common root system. Because of this, most mallee species are ill suited for lumber, though they do have a propensity for burl growths that can be harvested and used for turning and other small specialty projects.
As opposed to Red Mallee, the appellation Brown Mallee doesn’t refer to a specific tree of the same name, but rather describes burl pieces from various Eucalyptus species where the wood itself is brown in color. Burls yield a very peculiar and highly figured wood, prized for its beauty and rarity.
Ink Pens Features and Specs
- Pen Type – Ballpoint
- Pen Type Operation – Twist
- Fittings – Antique Brass
- Material – Wood – Brown Mallee Burl
- Color – Shades of Brown with High Figuring
- Length – 5-3/4 inch
- Width (measured at point of finger contact) - .551 inch
- Weight – 2.5 oz
- Replacing Ink Cartridge – Unscrew Tip and replace
- Pen Operation – Twist pen to extend and retract
- Ink Color – Black Ballpoint
- Ink Cartridge Type – Upgraded, Schmidt Easy-Flow Parker style refill
- Includes case shown in photo for display or gifting
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of my ink pens are handcrafted on a lathe in my shop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- All pens will ship within 24 - 48 hours
- Each ink pen is unique; no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art.
- All of our wood products are purchased through legally licensed providers that provide exotic woods from sustainable forest product areas.
Ink Pen Crafting Process
The Gothic ink pen is constructed first by hand selecting each piece and then cutting, drilling and turning the pen to its final shape on a lathe. The pen is then sanded 7 times with progressively finer grits (150, 220, 320, 400, 600, and 800) of sandpaper, to achieve a very smooth surface and a diameter tolerance of .001 - .002
Materials: antique brass, brown mallee burl, wood, metal, black ink.