Gothic Pen, Handcrafted in Antique Brass and Crushed Mud Acrylic
This larger ink pen has intricately cast details with elaborate designs and the antique pewter patina make this pen a real head-turner. Siam Swarovski crystals have been set into the clip and pen cap for a touch of mystique and to round out the design. The authentic look of this antique brass adds to the look and feel of an old gothic pen. This ballpoint ink pen was individually handcrafted through a long process and is one of a kind. The Acrylic material, Crushed Mud, has been turned, sanded and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable. Handcrafted Pen, ships in Premium Black Leatherette Pen Gift Box with instructions for use. These elegant gift boxes feature leatherette materials that are stitched along all exterior edges. This box has a rich soft touch covering and the interior is lined with a suede-like fabric.
Handcrafted, Gothic Pens Antique Brass Plating
Antiqued brass components have a brass, copper or zinc base with a brass plating. The components are then darkened to give them a "distressed" (oxidized) appearance. The authentic patina and natural darkening brings out the details of the finish and creates a unique feel with a charm all its own.
Handmade Gothic Ballpoint Pens Acrylic
The Ink Pens color, Crushed Mud, is a tough form of plastic for pens. No two pens are ever alike, as the acrylic is molded and the colors and patterns are mixed throughout. The acrylic material has been turned, sanded and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable.
Handcrafted Ink Pens Features and Specs
- Pen Type – Ballpoint
- Pen Type Operation – Twist
- Fittings – Antique Brass
- Material – Acrylic – Crushed Mud
- Color – Pearl with Copper swirl and Iridescence
- Length – 5-3/4 inch
- Width (measured at point of finger contact) - .551 inch
- Weight – 2.5 oz
- Replacing Ink Cartridge – Unscrew tip
- Pen Operation – Twist pen to extend and retract
- Ink Color – Black Ballpoint
- Ink Cartridge Type – Upgraded, Schmidt Easy-Flow Parker style refill
- Includes pen case shown in photo for display or gifting
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of my ink pens are handcrafted on a lathe in my shop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- All pens will ship within 24 - 48 hours
- Each ink pen is unique; no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art.
- All of our wood products are purchased through legally licensed providers that provide exotic woods from sustainable forest product areas
Ink Pen Crafting Process
The Gothic ink pen is constructed first by hand selecting each piece and then cutting, drilling and turning the pen to its final shape on a lathe. The pen is then sanded 7 times with progressively finer grits (150, 220, 320, 400, 600, and 800) of sandpaper, to achieve a very smooth surface and a diameter tolerance of .001 - .002 in, for a smooth transition with the metal parts. Wood pens then have 10 coats of finish applied and the ink pen is sanded again 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits to a high shine or satin finish. Acrylic and Tru-Stone pens are sanded 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits for a high shine and then a polish is added.
Materials: antique brass, acrylic, black ink.