Handcrafted 2mm Mechanical Pencil in Gunmetal and Snow Leopard Acrylic
The 2mm handcrafted pencil has a sharpener and eraser in the cap. The heavy duty 2mm lead lets you draw, write, mark or draft with comfort and ease. This style Mechanical Pencil has a great weight and balance for long use. This mechanical pencil was individually handcrafted through a long process and is one of a kind. The acrylic material, Snow Leopard, has been turned, sanded and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable. Mechanical pencil ships with instructions for use in a hard clear topped case for protection or gift giving.
Handcrafted 2mm Mechanical Pencils Gunmetal Plating
Our Gunmetal plating is the color of slightly grey satin Chrome. It consists of black nickel plated over brass or other substrate metals
Handmade 2mm Pencils Acrylic
The mechanical pencils color, Snow Leopard, is a tough form of plastic for pens. No two pens are ever alike, as the acrylic is molded and the colors and patterns are mixed throughout. The acrylic material has been turned, sanded and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable.
Handmade 2mm Pencil Features and Specs
- Lead Pencil Type – 2mm Click Pencil
- Pencil Type Operation – Click Top
- Fittings – Gunmetal
- Material – Acrylic – Snow Leopard
- Color – White with diffused Black Leopard Markings
- Pencil Length – 5-3/4 in
- Width (measured at point of finger contact) - .520 in
- Weight – 1.0 oz
- Lead Type – 2mm
- Includes – Extra 5 pack of lead
- Includes extra eraser
- Includes pen case shown in photo for display or gifting
- Replacing Lead – press the plunger and hold down. Slide a new lead stick through the tip to the desired extension
Additional Information on Handcrafted Mechanical Pencils
- All of my Mechanical Pencils are handcrafted on a lathe in my shop
- Each picture of a pencil is the actual pencil that you will receive
- All Mechanical Pencils will ship within 24 - 48 hours
- Each Mechanical Pencil is unique; no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art.
- All of our wood products are purchased through legally licensed providers that provide exotic woods from sustainable forest product areas.
Mechanical Pencils Crafting Process
The 2mm Pencil is constructed first by hand selecting each piece and then cutting, drilling and turning the pen to its final shape on a lathe. The Mechanical Pencil is then sanded 7 times with progressively finer grits (150, 220, 320, 400, 600, and 800) of sandpaper, to achieve a very smooth surface and a diameter tolerance of .001 - .002 in, for a smooth transition with the metal parts. Wood pencils then have 10 coats of finish applied and the Mechanical Pencils is sanded again 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits to a high shine or satin finish. Acrylic and Tru-Stone pens are sanded 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits for a high shine and then a polish is added.
All of my Mechanical Sketch Pencils and Mechanical Pencils use standard sizes of leads. They are all readily available at local Office and Art stores as well as on-line.
Materials: acrylic, gunmetal, metal, lead.