Handcrafted Ballpoint Pen in 24k Gold and Lati
This is a cool pen in a small package. It uses a full size, standard Parker style refill that has a snap on cap that also posts. Great pen to have as a pocket carry or purse carry. This ballpoint ink pen was individually handcrafted through a long process and is one of a kind. The Lati wood has been turned, sanded and coated with 10 layers of finish and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable. Pen ships with instructions for use in a hard clear topped case for protection or gift giving.
Handcrafted Ballpoint Pens 24k Plating
Few metals capture the heart like gold. A traditional choice for all types of pens, gold is the most easily worked of all metals because it is naturally very soft and malleable.
However, to create pen plating’s that are strong and durable, pure gold is alloyed with other metals such as copper and zinc, which strengthen it and gives it its color. Gold pen plating is consistently timeless and so elegant.
24kt gold fittings offer a bright pure gold plating that will give your pen a rich and luxurious look. Our 24kt gold uses a "premium rack plating" process and is covered with an epoxy coating for extreme durability.
Handmade Ink Pens Lati Wood
Heartwood is a light yellowish brown. Yellowish sapwood isn’t always defined from heartwood. Lati is sometimes called White Wenge because of the similarity of its grain patterns to Wenge. The pale yellowish color tends to darken to a more golden yellow over time. Lati comes from Western and central Africa and the trees grow to 100-150 ft.
Handcrafted Ink Pens Features and Specs
- Pen Type – Ballpoint
- Pen Type Operation – Uncap and Post
- Fittings – 24k Gold
- Material – Wood – Lati
- Color – Cream with Tan Grain
- Length Capped – 4-1/2 inch
- Length Uncapped –3-7/8 inch
- Length Posted – 5-1/8 inch
- Width (measured at point of finger contact) - .420 inch
- Weight – 0.8 oz
- Replacing Ink Cartridge – Unscrew Tip
- Pen Operation – Uncap and Post
- Ink Color – Black Ballpoint
- Ink Cartridge Type – Parker
- Includes case shown in photo for display or gifting
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of my ink pens are handcrafted on a lathe in my shop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- All pens will ship within 24 - 48 hours
- Each ink pen is unique; no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art.
- All of our wood products are purchased through legally licensed providers that provide exotic woods from sustainable forest product areas.
Ink Pen Crafting Process
The ink pen is constructed first by hand selecting each piece and then cutting, drilling and turning the pen to its final shape on a lathe. The pen is then sanded 7 times with progressively finer grits (150, 220, 320, 400, 600, and 800) of sandpaper, to achieve a very smooth surface and a diameter tolerance of .001 - .002 in, for a smooth transition with the metal parts. Wood pens then have 10 coats of finish applied and the ink pen is sanded again 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits to a high shine or satin finish. Acrylic and Tru-Stone pens are sanded 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits for a high shine and then a polish is added.
Materials: 24k, gold, metal, lati, wood, black ink.