Handcrafted Ballpoint Pen in Antique Brass and Olivewood
This is a cool pen in a small package. It uses a full size, standard Parker style refill that has a snap on cap that also posts. Great pen to have as a pocket carry or purse carry. This ballpoint ink pen was individually handcrafted through a long process and is one of a kind. The Olivewood has been turned, sanded and coated with 10 layers of finish and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable. Pen ships with instructions for use in a hard clear topped case for protection or gift giving.
Handcrafted Ballpoint Antique Brass Plating
Antiqued brass components have a brass, copper or zinc base with a brass plating. The components are then darkened to give them a "distressed" (oxidized) appearance. The authentic patina and natural darkening brings out the details of the finish and creates a unique feel with a charm all its own.
Handmade Ink Pens Olivewood
Olive Wood is an exotic wood that is native to Europe, Africa, and the Middle East. It has a sentimental and religious significance to several cultures and religions. The wood is hard and strong, and has fantastic working characteristics, making it a favorite for wood turning and carving. What makes this hardwood so unique is the extraordinary grain pattern of each individual piece, and it even becomes darker, richer, and more beautiful in color as it ages! It has long been a favorite for religious, historical, and artistic artifacts. It finishes very smoothly, to a high polish.
The Tree: Olive is a short, gnarly, twisty branched tree that seldom exceeds 25 ft. in height with a trunk diameter of 2 to 4 ft. The bark is dark brown and deeply furrowed and the leaves are a soft, grayish-green color. Its fruit is the well known olive. It is extremely long lived, 1500 years old or more is not uncommon
Handcrafted Ink Pens Features and Specs
- Pen Type – Ballpoint
- Pen Type Operation – Uncap and Post
- Fittings – Antique Brass
- Material – Wood – Olivewood
- Color – Tan with Brown Grain
- Length Capped – 4-1/2 inch
- Length Uncapped –3-7/8 inch
- Length Posted – 5-1/8 inch
- Width (measured at point of finger contact) - .420 inch
- Weight – 0.8 oz
- Replacing Ink Cartridge – Unscrew Tip
- Pen Operation – Uncap and Post
- Ink Color – Black Ballpoint
- Ink Cartridge Type – Parker
- Includes case shown in photo for display or gifting
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of my ink pens are handcrafted on a lathe in my shop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- All pens will ship within 24 - 48 hours
- Each ink pen is unique; no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art.
- All of our wood products are purchased through legally licensed providers that provide exotic woods from sustainable forest product areas.
Ink Pen Crafting Process
The ink pen is constructed first by hand selecting each piece and then cutting, drilling and turning the pen to its final shape on a lathe. The pen is then sanded 7 times with progressively finer grits (150, 220, 320, 400, 600, and 800) of sandpaper, to achieve a very smooth surface and a diameter tolerance of .001 - .002 in, for a smooth transition with the metal parts. Wood pens then have 10 coats of finish applied and the ink pen is sanded again 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits to a high shine or satin finish. Acrylic and Tru-Stone pens are sanded 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits for a high shine and then a polish is added.
Materials: antique brass, brass, metal, olivewood, wood, black ink.