Federal Era Pen, Handmade Ballpoint Pen in Chrome and Patriotic Camo Acrylic
This is an exquisitely detailed, handmade ink pen, inspired by the Federal era of America. The pen end features a federally inspired convex mirror which helped to illuminate rooms when accompanied by candles. The pen end also includes Doric column influenced designs as well as a striking bald eagle which was common symbol used during this period. Finally, the pen clip and elements on the pen end and tip feature detailed, intricately designed scroll work.
The Federalist Era in American history ran from roughly 1789-1801, a time when the Federalist Party was dominant in American politics. This period saw the adoption of the United States Constitution, the expansion of the federal government, and its move to Washington D.C., the newly created national capital. In addition, the era saw the growth of a strong nationalistic government under the control of the Federalist
This ink pen was individually handcrafted through a long process and is one of a kind. The Acrylic material has been turned, sanded and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable. Pen ships with instructions for use in a hard clear topped case for protection or gift giving.
Federal Ballpoint Pens Chrome Plating
Chrome plating is extremely durable plating. Under normal use, this plating should hold up for many, many years. Chrome is durable, beautiful and the choice of many of our customers. It is a "go to" plating. The Federal pen fittings are highly detailed and extremely well done in their representation of the time period.
Ballpoint Pens Acrylic Finish
The Ink Pens color, Patriotic Camo, is a tough form of plastic for pens. No two pens are ever alike, as the acrylic is molded and the colors and patterns are mixed throughout. The acrylic material has been turned, sanded and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable.
Handcrafted Federal Ink Pens Features and Specs
- Ink Pen Type – Ballpoint
- Pen Type Operation – Twist
- Fittings – Chrome Finish
- Material – Acrylic – Patriotic Camo
- Color – Red, White and Blue
- Length – 5-5/8 in
- Width (measured at point of finger contact) - .345 in
- Replacing Ink Cartridge – Unscrew tip of pen
- Pen Operation – Twist front end to extend and retract
- Weight – 1.9 oz
- Ink Color – Black Ballpoint
- Ink Cartridge Type – Upgraded, Schmidt Easy-Flow Parker style refill
- Includes case shown in photo for display or gifting
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of my ink pens are handcrafted on a lathe in my shop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- All pens will ship within 24 - 48 hours
- Each ink pen is unique; no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art.
- All of our wood products are purchased through legally licensed providers that provide exotic woods from sustainable forest product areas.
Handcrafted Ink Pens Crafting Process
The Federal ink pen is constructed first by hand selecting each piece and then cutting, drilling and turning the pen to its final shape on a lathe. The pen is then sanded 7 times with progressively finer grits (150, 220, 320, 400, 600, and 800) of sandpaper, to achieve a very smooth surface and a diameter tolerance of .001 - .002 in, for a smooth transition with the metal parts. Wood pens then have 10 coats of finish applied and the ink pen is sanded again 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits to a high shine or satin finish. Acrylic and Tru-Stone pens are sanded 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits for a high shine and then a polish is added.
Materials: chrome, acrylic, metal, Patriotic Camo Acrylic.