Handcrafted Cigar Style Ink Pen in Upgrade Gold and Chrome with Italian Resin
The Cigar style pen gets its name from its shape, larger in diameter than most pens makes it ideal for larger hands. This beautifully sculpted Cigar style ink pen makes the perfect gift. Get your hands on this bold, large, powerfully built writing instrument, perfect for someone who wants a larger heavier pen with substance. This ballpoint ink pen was individually handcrafted through a long process and is one of a kind. The Italian Acrylic, Coral Green, has been turned, sanded and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable.. Handcrafted pen, ships in Premium Black Leatherette Pen Gift Box with instructions for use. These elegant gift boxes feature leatherette materials that are stitched along all exterior edges. This box has a rich soft touch covering and the interior is lined with a suede-like fabric.
Handmade Ballpoint Pen Plating
Upgrade gold plating means that the parts are plated using the rack method and that small amounts of cobalt or palladium are added to the plating chemicals. This enhances the durability of the gold plating. This results in a more durable finish than the tumbled method.
Chrome plating is extremely durable plating. Under normal use, this plating should hold up for many, many years. Chrome is durable, beautiful and the choice of many of our customers. It is a "go to" plating.
Handcrafted Cigar Pens Italian Resin
This imported Italian acrylic was used by the famous British pen manufacturer Conway Stewart in their pens. The Resin has an intense depth and richness of color! They polish to an amazing shine. It is a quality material that you can see and feel!
To be clear, this is NEW material, manufactured at the Italian factory Conway Stewart used, to the exact "recipe" that was used for Conway Stewart. It has become available to us since Conway Stewart has gone out of business; the factory is free to sell the same material to us.
This is the same material that has been used on $500 dollar plus pens.
Cigar Pens Features and Specs
- Ink Pen Type – Ballpoint
- Pen Type Operation – Twist
- Fittings – Upgrade Gold and Chrome
- Material – Acrylic – Conway Colors Italian Resin
- Color – Greens with Pearl and Rusty Bronze
- Length – 5-1/2 in
- Width (measured at point of finger contact) - .503 in
- Replacing Ink Cartridge – Unscrew tip of pen
- Pen Operation – Twist top and bottom halves to extend and retract
- Weight – 1.9 oz
- Ink Color – Black Ballpoint
- Ink Cartridge Type – Upgraded, Schmidt Easy-Flow Parker style refill
- Includes pen case shown in photo for display or gifting
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of my ink pens are handcrafted on a lathe in my shop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- All pens will ship within 24 - 48 hours
- Each ink pen is unique; no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art.
- All of our wood products are purchased through legally licensed providers that provide exotic woods from sustainable forest product areas.
Ink Pen Crafting Process
The Cigar style ink pen is constructed first by hand selecting each piece and then cutting, drilling and turning the pen to its final shape on a lathe. The pen is then sanded 7 times with progressively finer grits (150, 220, 320, 400, 600, and 800) of sandpaper, to achieve a very smooth surface and a diameter tolerance of .001 - .002 in, for a smooth transition with the metal parts. Wood pens then have 10 coats of finish applied and the ink pen is sanded again 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits to a high shine or satin finish. Acrylic and Tru-Stone pens are sanded 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits for a high shine and then a polish is added
Materials: italian resin, chrome, gold, metal, black ink.