Civil War Pen, Handmade Ballpoint Pen in Satin Chrome and Afzelia Snakewood
This is a beautifully sculpted wooden ink pen, from the remarkably detailed Model 1861 Springfield Rifle Musket clip to the replica 58 Caliber Minie' Ball on the cap and 44 Colt Army Bullet on the end, It’s the perfect gift for Civil War enthusiasts, gun aficionados, history buffs, outdoors-men. The replicated bullets and musket are precisely detailed for ultimate authenticity. This ink pen was individually handcrafted through a long process and is one of a kind. The Afzelia Snakewood has been turned, sanded and coated with 10 layers of finish and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable. Pen ships with instructions for use in a hard clear topped case for protection or gift giving.
Civil War Pens Satin Chrome Plating
Satin series pens undergo a special plating process that produces a matte finish that features a slight texture that looks and feels great. This popular plating offers a unique alternative to traditional plating.
Civil War Pens Afzelia Snakewood Wood Finish
Afzilia Snakeskin wood from Laos, common name Snakewood, perhaps the most beautiful woods you'll ever see with dramatic unbelievable grain. Afzilia is a deciduous tree that grows in the forests of South East Asia. The tree can reach 80-90 feet tall with a trunk over 5 feet in diameter. The seeds of this tree are often harvested for medicinal purposes. The highly-figured lumber is often sold as Afzelia Xylay. It's 3D Alligator skin like appearance makes this timer quite unique, highly sought after and quite rare. Afzelia is a moderately dense wood, with a warm, rich golden orange-red coloring.
Handcrafted Pens Features and Specs
- Ink Pen Type – Ballpoint
- Pen Type Operation – Twist
- Fittings – Satin Chrome Finish
- Material – Wood – Afzelia Snakewood
- Color – Browns with Dark Brown to Black Graining
- Length – 4-7/8 in
- Width (measured at point of finger contact) - .501 in
- Replacing Ink Cartridge – unscrew tip of pen
- Pen Operation – Twist cap to extend and retract
- Weight – 1.6 oz
- Ink Color – Black Ballpoint
- Ink Cartridge Type – Upgraded, Schmidt Easy-Flow Parker style refill
- Includes case shown in photo for display or gifting
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of my ink pens are handcrafted on a lathe in my shop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- All pens will ship within 24 - 48 hours
- Each ink pen is unique; no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art.
- All of our wood products are purchased through legally licensed providers that provide exotic woods from sustainable forest product areas.
Handcrafted Pens Crafting Process
The Civil War ink pen is constructed first by hand selecting each piece and then cutting, drilling and turning the pen to its final shape on a lathe. The pen is then sanded 7 times with progressively finer grits (150, 220, 320, 400, 600, and 800) of sandpaper, to achieve a very smooth surface and a diameter tolerance of .001 - .002 in, for a smooth transition with the metal parts. Wood pens then have 10 coats of finish applied and the ink pen is sanded again 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits to a high shine or satin finish. Acrylic and Tru-Stone pens are sanded 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits for a high shine and then a polish is added
Materials: Satin Chrome, Afzelia Snakewood, chrome, snakeskin, wood.